Racist Graffiti Found at Calvert High

TruPeace

Racist Graffiti Found At Calvert High - News Story - WRC | Washington

PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. -- Maryland State Police said they have arrested a 16-year-old accused of spraying graffiti at Calvert High School.

"KKK" was spray-painted on the sidewalk and on a large boulder outside the school Monday morning, officials said. A confederate flag was found flying on the flag pole.

After interviewing several students, police arrested a 16-year-old who had been suspended earlier in the year, authorities said. Police said the former student's suspension was not related to this incident.

Crews from the school cleaned up the graffiti and removed the flag.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
stupid teenage pranks. Now the youth will be charged with a hate crime. Why is it ok for Black Teens to be prejudice but not white teens?

Thats right you read what I said. Not a racist remark... Its just a sad state for all of Americas youth that they are drawing lines 30 years after desegregation. if we are all equal why do we think and act soo different?

I agree it was a stupid teen prank. But I have to disagree w/ you on it being "OK for black teens to be prejudice but not white teens?"... It’s not ok, and I don't think anyone ever said it was. Racial prejudice is stupid...period!!

I'm sure if a black kid spray painted "I hate whitey" on the side of the school, they would have gotten in trouble too....

bcp

In My Opinion
I agree it was a stupid teen prank. But I have to disagree w/ you on it being "OK for black teens to be prejudice but not white teens?"... It’s not ok, and I don't think anyone ever said it was. Racial prejudice is stupid...period!!

I'm sure if a black kid spray painted "I hate whitey" on the side of the school, they would have gotten in trouble too....
maybe, but as we have seen lately in the baltimore city fire department, it is not racist or a hate crime for a black to place a noose and a note of hate to be found.

now, if a white man had done that,,

FerretRescue

bite me
stupid teenage pranks. Now the youth will be charged with a hate crime. Why is it ok for Black Teens to be prejudice but not white teens?

Thats right you read what I said. Not a racist remark... Its just a sad state for all of Americas youth that they are drawing lines 30 years after desegregation. if we are all equal why do we think and act soo different?

I agree. Our society has become so PC, that we allow any race other than white say or do what they want. The kid was wrong and should be punished as should anyone who displays a hate crime.

But if it were a black kid and we punished him, then all hell will break lose so it would be easier to turn the other cheek.

MMDad

Lem Putt

What makes you think that this kid was white? The last graffiti like this in Chuck co. was done by black kids.

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
maybe, but as we have seen lately in the baltimore city fire department, it is not racist or a hate crime for a black to place a noose and a note of hate to be found.

now, if a white man had done that,,

Well if that is the case, then that is wrong!! If a black person does something stupid, then they should be held accountable; just like any other race...

I'm sure we can agree on that....

Solja_Boy

Well if that is the case, then that is wrong!! If a black person does something stupid, then they should be held accountable; just like any other race...

No, if a black person sprayed the graphiti it would not be racist grafiti. Just grafiti and would not be as bad of a crime.

TruPeace

Not a good post at all.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Did they ever actually charge the kids in Waldorf with a hate crime?

They kept telling us "White people" :jameo:

Turned out the racist grafitti in Waldorf was done by 4 black kids and a white kid. The media wasn't :blahblah: about "Hate crime" then.

There is a double standard, unfortanently. There always will be as long as we have Al Sharpton around.

Solja_Boy

Says who??? Hate is hate.

Thats just the way it is.

If a white person wakes up and says I am gona beat up the fist blacker person I see. They would be charged with a hate crime.

If a black person woke up and said I am gona beat up the first black person I see. They only be charged with beating somone up. It would not be a hate crime.

I don't think there should be a such thing as a hate crime. The punishment should be the same. It shouldn't matter why you beat the person up.

bcp

In My Opinion
Thats just the way it is.

If a white person wakes up and says I am gona beat up the fist blacker person I see. They would be charged with a hate crime..
True as it should be

If a black person woke up and said I am gona beat up the first black person I see. They only be charged with beating somone up. It would not be a hate crime.
the true comparison woudl be that a black can beat up a white and it not be a hate crime.. and it should be.
I don't think there should be a such thing as a hate crime. The punishment should be the same. It shouldn't matter why you beat the person up
Im pretty much thinking that not too many people have been seriously beat up in a loving way to start with, so, I agree, the premise of hate crime is faulty at best.

Solja_Boy

True as it should be

the true comparison woudl be that a black can beat up a white and it not be a hate crime.. and it should be.

I did not want to compare a black person beating up a white person.

My point is only that the end result from the crime is the same and the punishment should be to. The reson somone commits the crime should not be a factor in desiding the punishment.

If somone paits KKK on a rock or a pickture a horse taking a dump. They both did the same amount of damage to the property. So what is the difference between the two.

Last edited: