How Far Can Your Car Go

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
after the fuel gauge reaches "E" or your digital readout says "0"?

I've gone twenty miles, but didn't run outta gas.

Are you my father? :twitch: My dad did that crap when I was growing up. We floated into gas stations on a wing and a prayer during vacations!

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Are you my father? :twitch: My dad did that crap when I was growing up. We floated into gas stations on a wing and a prayer during vacations!

I don't think I have children of which I am not aware (unless your mother was stationed in Korea in the mid-70s). :lmao:

Actually, it was reported that most American's prefer a comfort zone when it comes to their fuel gauge being empty and it's really not. Germans wanted to know exactly how many miles left before they ran dry. I was just curious as to folks experience locally.

I don't think I have children of which I am not aware (unless your mother was stationed in Korea in the mid-70s). :lmao:

Actually, it was reported that most American's prefer a comfort zone when it comes to their fuel gauge being empty and it's really not. Germans wanted to know exactly how many miles left before they ran dry. I was just curious as to folks experience locally.

Sorry. But my dad was, well, not in the 70's ... in the 60's. :lol:

I think I've only had my gauge read 3 miles to go before empty and I was freaking out as I drove over the TJ bridge.

T

toppick08

after the fuel gauge reaches "E" or your digital readout says "0"?

I've gone twenty miles, but didn't run outta gas.

Once the guage in my truck hits the first red line, I've got about 4 gallons left. Roughly about 50 miles. :howdy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yoda...

...Tacoma, 6 cyl, will go at least 22 miles once the pretty little light comes on.

If memory serves, I still had a gallon left based on what I put in v. what the book says the tank holds.

I do not intend to prove this.

:lmao:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Sorry. But my dad was, well, not in the 70's ... in the 60's. :lol:

I think I've only had my gauge read 3 miles to go before empty and I was freaking out as I drove over the TJ bridge.

I was in the exact same situation about a week ago. I was heading to VA to get gas and cigs over the Nice bridge. Three miles til empty. I wasn't worried so much about running out of gas as I was going up the steep incline and the pump couldn't get the gas to the engine. I put in two gallons at that rip off Citgo station right before the bridge just to make sure.

Lilypad

I've pushed the limit-knowing I was close to a gas station-and you know how much stations want to charge for a gas can!:faint:

bcp

In My Opinion
the lincoln will go around 24 after it says 0 to empty.
My truck runs out while it still shows an eighth of a tank.
not sure about the Jetta, I get antsy and fill up at around 600 miles on the tank so Ive never gone all the way to empty.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I usually fill up my work truck every 2 days at just under a half to 1/4 tank. I think this morning I put 21 or 22 gallons in it. I typically keep my Blazer and Suburban full, between the two thats alot of fuel. If anything ever happens I can get a hose and I have my own fuel reserve :lmao:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I usually fill up my work truck every 2 days at just under a half to 1/4 tank. I think this morning I put 21 or 22 gallons in it. I typically keep my Blazer and Suburban full, between the two thats alot of fuel. If anything ever happens I can get a hose and I have my own fuel reserve :lmao:

I had a truck with two fuel tanks. But that was when gas was a whole lot cheaper. Now I wouldn't even consider such a thing.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Once the little red light comes on, I have 50 miles to find a gas station. I learned this within the first week of having my car. :lol:

belvak

Happy Camper
Gosh, my little light has only come on one time since I got the car. I usually don't let it get below 1/4 of a tank since I have a 70 mile round trip every day and am paranoid about getting stuck in traffic and running out. :smile:

BarefootMailman

My wife's car, a Chrysler concorde can go about 35 miles after the readout says 0. My truck, a Dodge Ram, doesnt have the fancy readout, but when the gauge says E, have the cell phone handy to call AAA :lmao: not that I have ever needed to call them, :lol: