Today's Riddle!

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
If you only count "unique" occurrences, it's only 7...:whistle:

I'm unique! Actually, I had a Chinese teacher who said I was "enuch" for studying Chinese. I told him my package was intact, he was confused. Musta lost something in the translation.

SamSpade

I'm unique! Actually, I had a Chinese teacher who said I was "enuch" for studying Chinese. I told him my package was intact, he was confused. Musta lost something in the translation.

I had a much more embarassing experience. For some reason, those kinds of things happen to me all the time.

I was in grad school and almost all of my classmates were Chinese. Specifically, Taiwan. So I hung out with them and went to events, even though most of the time I had no idea what anyone was saying. Once I won a door prize and my buddies had to tell me.

Anyway, I was over for Sunday brunch, and they had put out a sumptuous feast. Probably the best Chinese food I'd ever had. I took out my little phrasebook and tried to say something like, I was very satisfied or full.

They all started laughing. Several had tears flowing from their eyes, and one kept slapping the table, gasping for breath. My best Chinese friend tapped me on the knee and said "I hope your girlfriend will understand" and I snapped "Ok, dammit, what did I say?". The other guys didn't know how to say it in English - and kept laughing - but my buddy said "you said you were ..important? Important. Important?"

"*IMPOTENT*?" I figured it out. Great. No more phrasebook for me.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I had a much more embarassing experience. For some reason, those kinds of things happen to me all the time.

I was in grad school and almost all of my classmates were Chinese. Specifically, Taiwan. So I hung out with them and went to events, even though most of the time I had no idea what anyone was saying. Once I won a door prize and my buddies had to tell me.

Anyway, I was over for Sunday brunch, and they had put out a sumptuous feast. Probably the best Chinese food I'd ever had. I took out my little phrasebook and tried to say something like, I was very satisfied or full.

They all started laughing. Several had tears flowing from their eyes, and one kept slapping the table, gasping for breath. My best Chinese friend tapped me on the knee and said "I hope your girlfriend will understand" and I snapped "Ok, dammit, what did I say?". The other guys didn't know how to say it in English - and kept laughing - but my buddy said "you said you were ..important? Important. Important?"

"*IMPOTENT*?" I figured it out. Great. No more phrasebook for me.

God! What a classic! I also love this recent fetish of Chinese character tattoos. Stringing together a bunch of characters to mean something you think it means is hillarious to folks who can actually read them. Nothing better than advertising on your arm that you haven't any testicles!

Or rice burners that put Chinese character decals on each side of the license plate upside down.

:lmao: