A special kind of moron?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
It's one thing to act stupid when under the influence but I didn't read that here. I just can't figure out at what point these two thought this was a good idea. :confused: They're too old for the "dumb teenager" excuse.
On Tuesday, Dec. 4, at 7:10 a.m., the Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) charged Chris A. Lusby, 43, and Joseph P. Smith, 37, both of Lusby with multiple hunting violations along Park Chesapeake Drive. NRP was conducting surveillance in the area after receiving reports from concerned citizens of individuals shooting deer from vehicles.

Officers stopped Lusby’s van after observing a crossbow being shot twice from the vehicle at a deer along the roadway. During the stop, NRP located and seized as evidence a cocked crossbow and bolts, two 12-gauge shotguns, one .22 caliber rifle and ammunition.

Lusby and Smith were each charged with shooting on, from, or across a roadway, hunting from a vehicle, possession of a loaded weapon in a vehicle, and hunting within a safety zone. Lusby was also charged with destruction of property. A court date of Feb. 11, 2008 has been scheduled for Lusby and Smith in Calvert County District Court.
Two Lusby Men Charged with Shooting Deer from Vehicles - Southern Maryland Headline News

R

reficul_vs_dog

if that surprises you then you would REALLY be surprised to know how often that happens in this area (st. mary's at least...i know that it is TOO often.).

its sad really. These types of people give hunters a bad name.

Lilypad

My neighbor's chocolate lab was shot last night around dusk-a truck was seen in the area-the dog may or may not recover. The truck and driver were not located.
This goes on a lot more than folks know or realize.:cussing:

MMDad

Lem Putt
It's one thing to act stupid when under the influence but I didn't read that here. I just can't figure out at what point these two thought this was a good idea. :confused: They're too old for the "dumb teenager" excuse.
:roflmao: I liked this part:

observing a crossbow being shot twice from the vehicle at a deer along the roadway.

The only thing worse than hunting illegaly is doing it poorly!

dn0121

My neighbor's chocolate lab was shot last night around dusk-a truck was seen in the area-the dog may or may not recover. The truck and driver were not located.

That is so sad, please let me know how it is doing. What vet is it at?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
2 things, first I hope the Lab gets better and whoever shot it dies and rots in hell. 2nd, if I can get my car into the woods in a safe hunting area, why cant I sit in my nice warm car with the proper hunting gun and wait for deer. I understand you cant sit and shoot deer from your car along 235 but if I roll the 4x4 deep in the woods and everything is legal, how come I have to sit in a cold ass tree stand.

R

reficul_vs_dog

2 things, first I hope the Lab gets better and whoever shot it dies and rots in hell. 2nd, if I can get my car into the woods in a safe hunting area, why cant I sit in my nice warm car with the proper hunting gun and wait for deer. I understand you cant sit and shoot deer from your car along 235 but if I roll the 4x4 deep in the woods and everything is legal, how come I have to sit in a cold ass tree stand.

you don't HAVE to sit in a treestand...sit in your car and just leave your door cracked a little so you can get out and shoot when you see a deer...lol. but i suspect for your car to be "warm" like you mentioned, you'd have to have it turned on...in which case you'd be wasting gas and seeing few deer lol

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
you don't HAVE to sit in a treestand...sit in your car and just leave your door cracked a little so you can get out and shoot when you see a deer...lol. but i suspect for your car to be "warm" like you mentioned, you'd have to have it turned on...in which case you'd be wasting gas and seeing few deer lol

Can you tell Im not a hunter? I was just wondering....hypothetically.

You don't. Get yourself disable and get a handicap hunting permit. Hunt from vehicles all you want at that point.

Ah, but the deer would never suspect and run out in front of you to see if they could get hit. Then you blast them.:lmao:

SweetThang

I live in/near a wooded, agricultural area loaded w/hunters and poachers-all my dogs wear more orange then they do while out in the yard. Makes no difference to some folks-if it has 4 legs it's game.:cussing:
Sorry to hear about your friend's lab.:frown:

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.

Neither am I, but I figure that if I ever did go along with someone hunting I'd put up with the elements! I thought part of the fun in hunting was going out to be one with nature and then eating it. I'm thinking that either these two guys thought that they were being really clever or were just really lazy! :lmao:

vbailey

vbailey

Ask a hunter. Hunting is a sport ( as well as a means of providing meat on the table ) true hunters would never hunt from thier cars. My hubby loves the nature and the stories he tells of the things he sees when hunting would amaze you. Cars are never included in his stories!! It just doesn't seem like hunting to me to sit in your car.

R

reficul_vs_dog

Ah, but the deer would never suspect and run out in front of you to see if they could get hit. Then you blast them.:lmao:

:lmao:

actually, this reminded me of a little situation the other night. was driving home on hollywood/leonardtown road and this van was going 5mph under the speed limit so I was passing it (on a dotted line of course), and i decided to go fairly slow because there was no oncoming traffic anywhere in sight and i didn't wanna scare the already cautious van driver..as i'm passing though i see a doe (female deer, it was less than 2 years old for sure, pretty small) in the lane the van is in, so i had to floor it and get past the van REAL fast so it had time to get around the deer (there was no way it could stop in time, the deer was probably 10-15 yds from the van when I spotted it.) This was intense enough for me, i'd have hated to be the van, relying on someone else to make a move so i could avoid a deer lol

Booboo3604

I live in/near a wooded, agricultural area loaded w/hunters and poachers-all my dogs wear more orange then they do while out in the yard. Makes no difference to some folks-if it has 4 legs it's game.:cussing:
Sorry to hear about your friend's lab.:frown:

Where have you been able to to buy full body covers in the orange for your dogs. I have seen the vests that cover their whole body (chest and back) but only in camo. The only ones I have seen in the blaze orange are the ones that cover the chest only (which makes no sense to me what so ever). I have went to cabelas, dicks, bass pro, and gander mountain with no such luck.