Tank Air Pump

J

jaybeeztoo

My existing one is going to drive me nuts. I have to turn the TV WAAAAAAY up to drown out the "vibrator gone bad" sound. I bought this on Ebay...

"NEW!

AQUA CULTURE

20 - 60 Gallon/Double Outlet

Aquarium Air Pump- Model MK-1504, AC 120V 60HZ MAX 3.5W

(Instruction sheet included)

This powerful aquarium air pump is designed for 20-60 gallon aquariums and can accommodate up to six air-powered devices including bubble stones, action ornaments and under-gravel filters. Includes two check valves which can help prevent the siphoning of aquarium water into air pump in the event of a power loss. The pump never needs lubricating and is rubber insulated for quiet performance. Pumps up to 2800cc per minute."

I can't wait until it comes in. I'm not sure exactly what I bought. I hope it is the right thing and that it works and I hope it isn't LOUD like this thing!!!

Rant over :biggrin:

friendtofishes

I have the same pump in my 75. Very quiet, but it isn't powerful enough to run as much as the manufacturer advertises, at one time. It will run a 36" bubble wand and one decoration.

J

jaybeeztoo

I have the same pump in my 75. Very quiet, but it isn't powerful enough to run as much as the manufacturer advertises, at one time. It will run a 36" bubble wand and one decoration.

I just got it today and it is only running a 12" bubble wand so it is working perfectly. It is so nice to have that noise gone. It was driving us nuts. :whack:

J

jaybeeztoo

I hear you. I love my fish but can't stand noisy equipment.

The old was almost comical is was SO loud. Now I just need to fill the tank up a little bit so the waterfall sound goes away. :lol: There's always tomorrow.

friendtofishes

What size tank do you have. There are some extremely quiet and efficient canister filters, wich do not create that waterfall sound. And with the right media they provide unbeatable filtration.

J

jaybeeztoo

What size tank do you have. There are some extremely quiet and efficient canister filters, wich do not create that waterfall sound. And with the right media they provide unbeatable filtration.

55 gallons. I am sure there are better filters out there. I'm just not in the market right now. I could spend a fortune on supplies...so I try not to look :lol:

friendtofishes

You don't have to spend a fortune, not even a small bank roll. You just have to shop around. Are you familiar with bigalsonline.com or drfostersandsmith.com? I recently bought a cascade 1000 canister filter for $89 with all the media included. Its a great filter suitable for up to 75 gallons and quiet as can be. Rena XP is also an inexpensive and quiet brand. I buy probably 80% of my aquarium supplies on line. Petco is for the most part over priced, Walmart does not carry the quality products, and Petsmart is also not worth the drive.

J

jaybeeztoo

You don't have to spend a fortune, not even a small bank roll. You just have to shop around. Are you familiar with bigalsonline.com or drfostersandsmith.com? I recently bought a cascade 1000 canister filter for $89 with all the media included. Its a great filter suitable for up to 75 gallons and quiet as can be. Rena XP is also an inexpensive and quiet brand. I buy probably 80% of my aquarium supplies on line. Petco is for the most part over priced, Walmart does not carry the quality products, and Petsmart is also not worth the drive.

No, I haven't heard of those sites. Thank you. I will mark them in my favorites. Christmas comes first and then perhaps a fish tank supply upgrade.

I have to stay out of Petco...I want everything :lol: but you are right, it is overpriced.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Try setting a towel under the pup or something that will isolate the pump from the shelf it's sitting on

J

jaybeeztoo

Try setting a towel under the pup or something that will isolate the pump from the shelf it's sitting on

I had the pump wrapped in a wash cloth...it didn't work. The pump was hosed. It wasn't vibrating on wood, the interior was vibrating. I tried taping it together real tight, set the heavy dining room chair leg on it, and piled four boxes of books on the chair. That muffled the sound a little bit. :lol:

It was definitely time for a new one. :killingme