Accident at the Early Bird???

K

kernt

Just heard there is an accident in front of the Early Bird in Hollywood. Wondering if it's north or sound bound lane? Anyone hear?

bcp

In My Opinion
I think the problem down there is very much the same as what is happening up here.
so many people moved to southern maryland to get away from the city and more into the country, that they created exactly what they were hoping to move from.
the roads, are not able to handle the flow from DC and Waldorf etc..., they were not designed to carry that many cars per day, and now that the building has gone out of control, there is really no place to fix the road problems.

it can only get worse. sooner or later someone has to understand that there is a maximum number of homes that any given area can support.

mrweb

Iron City
I never try and cross any of those intersections in the afternoon. Just take the old road to the light and cross by Outback.

Unless absolutely necessary, I will not cross over any of those intersections. If I have the choice, I'll go to the light at Merville Dean/235 at Airport Rd.

I was going North to Wildewood to the gym and saw all the emergency lights and equipment...from a distance it looked bad.

BigDogT

Another example of poor/late planning and insufficient backbone in our local commissioners office to stand up to the vocal minority and do what's right for the majority. When we have roads on the books for 25 years that get funded then "un-funded", schools that take 15 years to fund and build (even then, just one), and land use planning that rivals Michigan in its' inability to use even 20th century planning techniques, then what do you expect:deadhorse. Maybe Santa Clause will bring us some new roads, and a couple 'a schools for Christmas. I'm done...................:buttkick:

Last edited:
W

wkndbeacher

Another example of poor/late planning and insufficient backbone in our local commissioners office to stand up to the vocal minority and do what's right for the majority. When we have roads on the books for 25 years that get funded then "un-funded", schools that take 15 years to fund and build (even then, just one), and land use planning that rivals Michigan in its' inability to use even 20th century planning techniques, then what do you expect:deadhorse. Maybe Santa Clause will bring us some new roads, and a couple 'a schools for Christmas. I'm done...................:buttkick:

Im sure theres always room in the funds for their raises though

Tomcat

Anytime
They need to remove about half or all of the crossovers along 235. If you want to go north from St.Johns, Sandy Bottom, or Airport View, you'd need to pull a U turn at the Wildewood traffic light. Same thing if you need to go south, make the U turn at the Hollywood traffic light.

Last edited:

Dukesdad

They need to remove about half or all of the crossovers along 235. If you want to go north fron St.Johns, Sandy Bottom, or Airport View, you'd need to pull a U turn at the Wildewood traffic light. Same thing if you need to go south, make the U turn at the Hollywood traffic light.

Or maybe put in some more of those nifty roundabouts...:sarcasm:

JULZ

BFJ
I passed it just as it happened...southbound lane, Public Transportation bus vs. pick up truck....man oh man was that pick up truck SMASHED!!!!!