Anyone Live on Tomohawk Trail West?

Kirsten

We are going to look at a property tomorrow and was wondering what the neighborhood was like. :question:

Ponytail

Only in CRE could there be a street name like that. :biggrin: At least they aren't discriminatory... I gotta believe that every indian nation and anything that they may have eaten, slept in, or slept with, is represented in at least two forms back there.

Kirsten, drive around back there. get the Realtor to give you a tour...3 beaches, 2 lakes, horse stables... You'll get to see that within CRE, there's MANY different neighborhoods...some good, some not so good. Pretty easy to pick out which is which.

When I was looking, there were a couple of houses that I didn't even bother getting out of the car to go look at because of the neighborhood appearance.

Good luck! I hope you find a good one. I like it here, alot!

Kirsten

Let me be more specific, hubby is going to look at the house. Being up in Massachusetts still I can't but he will take lots of pics. Supposedly this house has had a renovation/remodel so we shall see. We are going to try to get them to come down on the price some since it is a bit over what we prequalled for. Wish us luck that it is still there by the end of the day tomorrow.:smile:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I live about two blocks from there. A few of the homes on that road are very nice as I drive past them every day for the past eight years. I am not sure any are for sale, but I don't usually drive down the whole road (the road has one part that is gravel, another that is paved, and another part further on that is gravel again. I know that sounds strange, but if you saw it, you'd see that part of the middle of the road is used heavily as a means of driving 'through' that part).

What exactly do you want to know?

I can think of maybe three houses that have had renovations - one is a very nice looking Cape Cod with dormers on one of the corner lots. Another was hit by a fire a few years back, and there is a two-story on the corner by Short Cut which has been renovated. I have never seen the INSIDE of any of these homes.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Frank
one is a very nice looking Cape Cod with dormers on one of the corner lots.
If it's the one I'm thinking about (with green shutters & porch), it is very nice. I knew who lived there when it was new.

Kirsten

It is what I would call a Raised Ranch, all green from what I can see. Split Foyer is the other description for it. The address is 11528. So I am just wondering, because it has been on the market for almost a month and for a sellers market it makes me think there is something up.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kirsten
Split Foyer is the other description for it. The address is 11528.
I had to run an errand this morning so I cruised by. It's a split foyer with grayish? siding and dark burgandy shutters. It's set back on a shady sloped lot. It's also on the (one way section) gravel road sandwiched between the main access road and a bunch of courts. I don't know anything about the neighborhood over there. That section is pretty crowded (except for the main road leading to the house) compared to other places in CRE.

Kirsten

Odd the listing has a pic that shows it as Green, maybe just a matter of digital interpretation of the color. Crowded though eh? That stinks. But upside I also found one this morning in St. Leanord on almost .5 an acre so we will be looking at that one also. I really appreciate all the help you have given and we will still look at that one. It says there was a remodel so maybe the interior better suits us. I will let you know what Hubby says about it tonight after he gets a chance to look at it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kirsten
Odd the listing has a pic that shows it as Green, maybe just a matter of digital interpretation of the color.
It struck me as odd too. The house I mentioned didn't have numbers on it (that I could see), but it was the only one I saw with a Sale sign in the window, and it was right next to 11530. Maybe they call the siding green but I just don't see it. :lol:

Kirsten

What do you mean by issues? I live in an area with no HOA so that appeals to me to a certain extent. But I am curious as to what you mean could you be more specific?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Sharon
Not even close. Yuck!

Is that the one?

The one I saw was much nicer looking and is the typical CRE split foyer.

Nah, just took a guess that's all. They have pictures at realtor.com. The map showed it was located on Tomahawk or close by.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cattitude
The map showed it was located on Tomahawk or close by.
There are 3 Tomahawk's including TTWest. :roflmao: That area is confusing.

I checked your link and the house I saw wasn't pictured.