Concerned citizen

Ol-man

mack421
I'm the kind of person that tends to mind their own business when it comes to other people doing there stunt driving on the highway,but on Saturday my wife and I drove down to Point Lookout and on the way out we got behind a Dodge Caravan that continually crossed the center line and ran off the road, after a couple miles of observation and almost witnessing a couple head on's I decided to call Joe lawman.The MSP transfered me to the county PoPo, I explained the urgent need to check it out but he didn't seem to concerned, I followed this individual all the way to Lexington Park where they turned off. I drove another block past that and there they were! two deputies BSing in a parking lot nothing against them because they were probably never dispatched. Thats the last time I,ll play "Concerned citizen".

rack'm

Jaded
The cops are only there to to write tickets when the mayor needs money and to take pix and prints of the crime scene. :coffee:

T

toppick08

I'm the kind of person that tends to mind their own business when it comes to other people doing there stunt driving on the highway,but on Saturday my wife and I drove down to Point Lookout and on the way out we got behind a Dodge Caravan that continually crossed the center line and ran off the road, after a couple miles of observation and almost witnessing a couple head on's I decided to call Joe lawman.The MSP transfered me to the county PoPo, I explained the urgent need to check it out but he didn't seem to concerned, I followed this individual all the way to Lexington Park where they turned off. I drove another block past that and there they were! two deputies BSing in a parking lot nothing against them because they were probably never dispatched. Thats the last time I,ll play "Concerned citizen".

I know it's a little late, but where you able to get a tag #?

M

Mousebaby

I called the police once on a Jeep Cherokee going down the road doing almost exactly the same thing. Within minutes there was a state trooper on his azz like a duck on a junebug! They followed him for a long time and finally pulled him over. So I guess it depends on when you get them. Maybe if it were closer to the end of the month they would have responded to make sure they got their quota. :shrug:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I had a truck tailing me on some backroads once. The truck all of a sudden turns on a blue strobe on the dash, getting right up on me like a cop would to try to pull me over. I am guessing it was someone just trying to get passed me. I called 911 and said hey I think someone is impersonating a cop, just want to make sure it's not an unmarked pulling me over. They said it was not and to drive with caution. The truck stayed on me for 2 miles before I turned off, as that happened I saw a real cop flying up on him. :yay:

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
I had a truck tailing me on some backroads once. The truck all of a sudden turns on a blue strobe on the dash, getting right up on me like a cop would to try to pull me over. I am guessing it was someone just trying to get passed me. I called 911 and said hey I think someone is impersonating a cop, just want to make sure it's not an unmarked pulling me over. They said it was not and to drive with caution. The truck stayed on me for 2 miles before I turned off, as that happened I saw a real cop flying up on him. :yay:

Because I,ve been witness to this the individual may have been a Vol Firefighter either responding to a scene or abusing the priveledge to have emergency lights on their POV.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Because I,ve been witness to this the individual may have been a Vol Firefighter either responding to a scene or abusing the priveledge to have emergency lights on their POV.

Nah I don't think so. Wasn't a real strobe:lmao: It was more like a tube light that you buy from pep boys that had a switch he was flicking off and on:lmao: Wasn't an LED or Spinner

jenbengen

Watch it
I called the police once on a Jeep Cherokee going down the road doing almost exactly the same thing. Within minutes there was a state trooper on his azz like a duck on a junebug! They followed him for a long time and finally pulled him over. So I guess it depends on when you get them. Maybe if it were closer to the end of the month they would have responded to make sure they got their quota. :shrug:

Same here- saw a couple with an infant in the front seat in the guy's lap. I followed them, called the cops, and they were there before I could blink.

LCDj

Lou
To: Ol-man

You need to notify Sheriff Cameron of this situation. This sounds like a dispatcher that needs to be replaced. Do yourself and the county a favor and report it in writting to the Sheriff.

onebdzee

off the shelf

You should have had your wife call....they seem to take it a little more serious when it's a woman on the phone

I followed a guy from Rt. 5 all the way up St. Andrews Church road on night and had the cops on the phone the entire time....When we got to the light at FDR blvd, the cops were sitting there waiting for him :yay:

keekee

To: Ol-man

You need to notify Sheriff Cameron of this situation. This sounds like a dispatcher that needs to be replaced. Do yourself and the county a favor and report it in writting to the Sheriff.

I agree! I called in the same sort of situation once, and the dispatcher wanted to know tag number, make & model, color of vehicle... they seemed like they were taking it seriously. I turned off & didn't see if a cop responded or not, but the dispatcher definitely didn't blow me off.

I agree! I called in the same sort of situation once, and the dispatcher wanted to know tag number, make & model, color of vehicle... they seemed like they were taking it seriously. I turned off & didn't see if a cop responded or not, but the dispatcher definitely didn't blow me off.

I hear those calls all the time on the scanner. Such and such a vehicle operating in an unsafe manner, cutting people off, etc. So when they pass a law making cell phone use while driving illegal I guess those calls will drop off. How many people are going to want to take time to pull over to make that call?

I hear those calls all the time on the scanner. Such and such a vehicle operating in an unsafe manner, cutting people off, etc. So when they pass a law making cell phone use while driving illegal I guess those calls will drop off. How many people are going to want to take time to pull over to make that call?

I believe in the states that it's illegal to use a cell while driving, the law is worded to allow "emergency use". Something like this would probably qualify.

and if it does become illegal here, people won't give up the cell, they'll use handsfree device and continue to talk anyway.....

Pete

Repete

Onstar hands free calling :shrug:

Onstar ready!

Call

Please say the name.

Ponch and John

Did you say Ponch and John?

Yes

Calling [BeginCHiPstheme]

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
I would hope all of the dispatchers take their job seriously. Perhaps is is a new dispatcher. Not making excuses but with msp and the sheriffs office it depends if they are on calls or not. If you're calling from leonardtown there may only be an officer in lexington park or mechanicsville. For the most part from listening to the scanner they do try and locate the vehicles.

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I called once when a car full of teen to early 20 something dudes try to pull over my girlfriend going over the bridge into Calvert by flashing a blue light, I called when she was in Solomons and she still had the car in sight until St.Leonard but they were never stopped as far as I know.

sparkysgirl

Probably not. Stations are only alloted a few lights per station to give out for personal vehicles, and it's usually chiefs who get them. You aren't allowed to buy your own lights either, they must be issued by the station. Besides, it's illegal for volunteers to have any color besides red lights in their vehicle.