real estate question

terbear1225

that's what I thought too but a friend ofmine who just bought a newly built house tried to convince me otherwise

terbear1225

It says "Lot 59"...

One thing you should keep in mind is these lower home prices are a reflection of builders cutting the lot sizes and the price of building materials being a lot lower than they were in 2005...

It's not like you're really getting a deal on these houses...

:popcorn:

forgive me if I'm not too concerned about the advice of someone who sees the enitre real estate market as a rip off and thinks anyone who would buy a house (of any size or price) as a moron.

vbailey

vbailey
Patch, you are paying all that too, you are just giving it all to someone else, so you are really buying a home for another person....your Landlord!!!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
And you lost the house you were building because you couldn't find someone stupid enough to buy the house you were selling...

You didn't learn anything from that huh?

:whistle:
You don't know me, so don't pretend. I've said it before, when you can have an adult conversation, we'll talk. If putting me and others down makes you feel better about yourself, good job there buddy. Personally, you lack a whole lot of character and your stabs are nothing more than jealous humor. :smile:

vbailey

vbailey
I would think that most people who rent do so because they can not afford a home, or maybe do not have good credit (too much debt, credit cards, car payments,medical, etc)But I don't understnd why any one would pay $2500.00 a month in RENT! That just seems like a lot of money to live someplace that will never be yours one day. You can't claim anything at tax time, you take the chance also that the Landlord may not pay his bills and then you will get kicked out anyway......I just really don't understand.

terbear1225

I'll answer your question...

My $2500 buys me a view of the Potomac River...

That $1600 dollar advertised price of that house is with 20% down for a chance to stare at the side of your neighbors house ten feet away...

How many first time homebuyers have 70k cash to put down?

No thanks...

a first time home buyer who's been smart enough to not pay $2500 in rent and instead saved some of that money wo they could own a home of their own one day.

vbailey

vbailey
You could buy my mother's house in Annapolis and look out at the Thomas Point Light House every day. Have a pool in your back yard ( she did that before the restictions, could not put one in that close to the Bay today ) you will have nieghbors on both sides of you but they are very nice people and bring my mom Christmas gifts and stuff. They are older people, no children, very quiet people.

Info for Patch

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
A house is not a bad investment if you plan to stay put a while. Prices have been artificially inflated over the past couple of years as anything in a "bubble" does (tech stocks anyone?). Unfortunatly this led to alot of people overextending themselves because they just had to buy right then. Add to that mix speculators trying to make a fast buck, inexperienced investors, subprime loans, and people thinking "oh I can always refinance" and you have the makings of one mell of a hess. I doubt anyone who is not selling their house in the next 5 years will see much damage though.

fredsaid2

It says "Lot 59"...

One thing you should keep in mind is these lower home prices are a reflection of builders cutting the lot sizes and the price of building materials being a lot lower than they were in 2005...

It's not like you're really getting a deal on these houses...

I rather doubt the developers resubmitted their development plan to cut down the lot sizes to enable lower sale prices. Quarter acre lots must have been the plan all along.

A question for you Patch, at what price do you feel this specific listing will bottom out to if a buyer were to wait out the market?