Patuxent wrestling

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Went o my first Wrestling match yesterday.. WOW.

The first the buzzer went off, I wondered WHY is that thing so damn loud.. then by the third match I figured it out. Wrestlling parents are INSANE.. and LOUD.. It has to be loud hear over the screaming.

We had a 285 pound match between Pax and Leanordtown, the leanardtown boy had Pax on the mat and closed to being pinned THREE times.. ahead in points by a LOT, and with 2 seoncds to go in the match, Pax pins him. The screaming was horrendous!! Lot of good matches, fought well, and hard for the full 6 minutes... What fun.

Now, i can't say anything good without saying anything bad. The show of bad sportsmanship by Patuxent (I didn't pay close enough attention to Leonardtown or Thomas Stone to notice, but I'd say they were better).

A wrestler would lose and they'd throw a little girly fit, throwing their headgear, REFUSING to shake the hand of the opposing coach.. walking out of the gym in a huff, and NO reaction by their coach. I think if I was the coach I would have grabbed my wrestler by the hand and walked him across the mat like a leading a 5 year old to kindergarten and made sure he shook the hand of the opposing coach. TEACH our kids about good sportsmanship, and how to lose gracefully as well as win gracefully.. make them DECENT adults.

I'm sorry, if you lose WRESTLING, there is nobody else to blame but YOU!! Why the hissy fit? Take the loss like man, show some pride, and walk over and do what you are supposed to do. Shake the hand of your opponent like you MEAN it, shake the hand of the opposing coach and walk off like you're a man, not a prissy beyotch!!

If I was the coach I'd bench ever single one of his sorry wrestlers that didn't act like a young adult, since he chose not do anything at the time. I don't care if we lose the next match becasue we only field three wrestlers, these kids need to LEARN as well as participate.

Oh, and BTW.. that leanardtown team? Ugliest damn photographer I ever did see..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh, and my boy.. my 6 foot 120 pound Junior.. oh yeah, he looked GOOD in his wrestling tights!!

basher

LEET
wow, 6 ft 120 lbs?? he must have problems cutting weight. make sure he doesn't eat too much right after weigh-ins. I remember I almost puked during my match, luckily I pinned the guy in the first minute.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Went o my first Wrestling match yesterday.. WOW.

The first the buzzer went off, I wondered WHY is that thing so damn loud.. then by the third match I figured it out. Wrestlling parents are INSANE.. and LOUD.. It has to be loud hear over the screaming.

Oh, and BTW.. that leanardtown team? Ugliest damn photographer I ever did see..

You really need to learn how to behave. I'd be surprised if they let you through the door the next time. :rolleyes:

And Luggy is ADOREABLE. :drama:

HollywoodLady

My 15 yo son in on the LHS JV team. He's 6' 160#. He has yet to wrestle because there aren't enough people in his weight class. My 19 yo was on the LHS team. He was 5' 11" and 135. He can't wait for his Christmas leave to wrestle his younger brother.