Santa Run

sparkysgirl

Hey everybody! Just letting everyone know that Friday and Saturday night Solomons Volunteer Rescue Squad and Fire Department will be doing our annual Santa Run! You can call down to the station and request a special visit if you so please! We hope to see you all out! The number to the station is 410-326-6657.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everybody! Just letting everyone know that Friday and Saturday night Solomons Volunteer Rescue Squad and Fire Department will be doing our annual Santa Run! You can call down to the station and request a special visit if you so please! We hope to see you all out! The number to the station is 410-326-6657.

Please explain a little more!
Thanks !

sparkysgirl

For those who aren't familiar with it:
Santa Run is an annual event that most of the volunteer departments in the area put on every year. We put lights up on our engines and decorate them for the holidays. One of our member's dresses up as Santa Clause and gets in the engine. We bring a couple engines and follow Santa around as he visits the different neighborhoods. We try to hit as many "major" streets as we can, but if you think we might not get your street, we are more than happy to take requests. We usually have little candy canes to give out as well.

As far as volunteers:
Usually it's a member's and member's family thing, but I'll talk to my captain and ask if he would like community help :eek:) Thank you regardless!!

FFsFlame

Do you know what time they will start the runs? We live in St Leonard, so obviously out of Solomon's area. We could however pack the kids up and head south and let them see Santa on the engine. Thanks for the info!!

keepsmiling

QUOTE=sparkysgirl;2568812]For those who aren't familiar with it:
Santa Run is an annual event that most of the volunteer departments in the area put on every year. We put lights up on our engines and decorate them for the holidays. One of our member's dresses up as Santa Clause and gets in the engine. We bring a couple engines and follow Santa around as he visits the different neighborhoods. We try to hit as many "major" streets as we can, but if you think we might not get your street, we are more than happy to take requests. We usually have little candy canes to give out as well.

As far as volunteers:
Usually it's a member's and member's family thing, but I'll talk to my captain and ask if he would like community help :eek:) Thank you regardless!![/QUOTE]

:getdown::getdown:

Gee I wonder if Santa will come to my street....:whistle:

sparkysgirl

Do you know what time they will start the runs? We live in St Leonard, so obviously out of Solomon's area. We could however pack the kids up and head south and let them see Santa on the engine. Thanks for the info!!

We should start heading out around 5pm :eek:)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I was on my way home when I saw the trucks on my street. Grabbed the camera and snapped a couple pics when they went down the hill.

Attachments

• 2007_1222cresantarun0001a.jpg
    2007_1222cresantarun0001a.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 2007_1222cresantarun0002a.jpg
    2007_1222cresantarun0002a.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 47