Sales Tax Increase

Hessian

We desperately need to put a tax on...

Liberal Democrats who try to redistribute our earnings.

You see, stupid people cost more to maintain. They are more dependent, cry victim first, create huge wasteful programs that cripple enterprise and punish achievement....

Doubt me? Why does Hillary want Felons to vote?--which way will they vote?

So:

Electronically create "Democrat User Taxes" to be applied after people leave the polling booths.

Not based on wealth, Consumption, Inheritance...just: if they voted Democrat: have them pay MORE.

Last edited:

5857dave

Welcome to the "Free State"

:sarcasm:Yeah, and just wait until you get your first pay check in 2008 and realize that your state income tax is higher than the tax increase just passed. The reason:

The City of Baltimore and Maryland's 23 counties levy local "piggyback" income taxes. Local officials set the rates and the revenue is returned to the local governments quarterly.

Local income taxes are withheld and collected on the same forms as state income taxes. Now the county can have more to do less. Can't hardly wait till St. Mary's raises property tax rates to make up for the state budget cuts!!!

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Thanks, I will try to buy 20% less stuff in MD. More on the internet and when I travel. F 'em, make it 30% less.

You still pay sales tax when you buy online. Just be glad we're not in California where local jurisdictions take on another 0.25- 1.25%.

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
You still pay sales tax when you buy online. Just be glad we're not in California where local jurisdictions take on another 0.25- 1.25%.

Only if there is a "stone and mortar" store in the same state as your shipping address.

-H

Only if there is a "stone and mortar" store in the same state as your shipping address.

-H

Where do they add that on? I just bought some stuff from WM and shipped it to OR where I know they have a store. The only charges I remember seeing was shipping.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
If you live in Maryland, you only pay sales tax if you buy online IF the company you are buying from has a retail outlet in Maryland.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady

-H

Nope- Amazon has to charge it. Online only stores are considered to have a presence in whatever state they ship to. The only out is if you're buying off ebay (from someone out of state) or from some little mom and pop shop that has a website.