Question on Maryland tax increse to 6% ?

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Do anyone know if the President of the United States George Bush has the power to do a line item veto on Govenor O'Malleys Dumb decision to increase Maryland sales taxes to 6%?. As Maryland citizens are on the way to a recession. If so we need to wright the President or Congress to hold hearings on this matter seems like they are doing this to the major league baseball players on sterioad use they should pull O'Malley azz up to the table too.:buddies:

Toxick

Splat
Do anyone know if the President of the United States George Bush has the power to do a line item veto on Govenor O'Malleys Dumb decision to increase Maryland sales taxes to 6%?.

Abso-####ing-lutely not.

If so we need to wright the President or Congress to hold hearings on this matter

You're not going to find any help on the federal level.

This is a state issue. The best course of action is to vote these assclowns out of the state government at the earliest opportunity.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Do anyone know if the President of the United States George Bush has the power to do a line item veto on Govenor O'Malleys Dumb decision to increase Maryland sales taxes to 6%?. As Maryland citizens are on the way to a recession. If so we need to wright the President or Congress to hold hearings on this matter seems like they are doing this to the major league baseball players on sterioad use they should pull O'Malley azz up to the table too.:buddies:
Bush does not have the power to do a line item veto on the MD sales tax. It's a state matter.

Vince

The citizens of Maryland vote the Democrats into office and not we all have to pay for it. I'm leaving Maryland as soon as I can afford to leave. :shrug: Definitely, not the place to retire to.

T

toppick08

The citizens of Maryland vote the Democrats into office and not we all have to pay for it. I'm leaving Maryland as soon as I can afford to leave. :shrug: Definitely, not the place to retire to.

four counties decide our elections.......plus Baltimore....:buddies:

budman473

Marylanders need to exercise their line item vote in 2010. The 2010 elections will be an opportunity for Marylanders to decide if they want to continue a monopoly in the Md General Assembly or do some house cleaning. We have local politicians in Southern Maryland who voted for the tax increases in whole and in some cases led the charge for the increase. We also have politicians who vote to end a filibuster on the taxes then turn around and vote against the actual tax package because there were enough votes to pass the package. Thank God for people like Delegates Wood(D) and O'Donnell(R) who understand what the people in their district sent them to Annapolis to do. STOP THE SPENDING!!!!!
The next session of the General Assembly starts in a few weeks and then the real games will begin. All I can say is praise the Lord and pass the vasoline because BOHICA.

T

toppick08

and your point is?? We have four counties full of Demorates that voted them into office. And we still have to pay for it.

Most of the voters(in the 4 counties) are liberal dems. orig. from other states or who where bussed to the precincts(minorities), who don't know any better....:otter:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Thanks for the info. I made a huge mistake and voted for Omalley and he lied to the citizens all mouth and no action and raised taxes. He will not get voted back in again if I have to vote for his AZZ again bunch of lieing AZZES.

ImnoMensa

Marylanders need to exercise their line item vote in 2010. The 2010 elections will be an opportunity for Marylanders to decide if they want to continue a monopoly in the Md General Assembly or do some house cleaning. We have local politicians in Southern Maryland who voted for the tax increases in whole and in some cases led the charge for the increase. We also have politicians who vote to end a filibuster on the taxes then turn around and vote against the actual tax package because there were enough votes to pass the package. Thank God for people like Delegates Wood(D) and O'Donnell(R) who understand what the people in their district sent them to Annapolis to do. STOP THE SPENDING!!!!!
The next session of the General Assembly starts in a few weeks and then the real games will begin. All I can say is praise the Lord and pass the vasoline because BOHICA.

I am glad we have Johnny Wood, but look at what the Democrats did to him for not being a lickspittle.

He has seniority over many of the power boys ,but they refuse to give hiom committes or place him where he can have any power.

If you want to get along in this Democrat state you have to be prepared to kiss the ring and the ass of the machine being run by Mike Miller.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I am glad we have Johnny Wood, but look at what the Democrats did to him for not being a lickspittle.

He has seniority over many of the power boys ,but they refuse to give hiom committes or place him where he can have any power.

If you want to get along in this Democrat state you have to be prepared to kiss the ring and the ass of the machine being run by Mike Miller.

And good ole Mikey screwed Southern Maryland again! Is this the same Miller whose son killed someone in a car accident, got off scott free and is now another blood sucking attorney?

OT: From whence did the term "scott free" originate?

smilin

BOXER NATION

Trick question, right?

Where was everybody when the special session happened? NOW you come out of the wood work and ask how did this happen? When was the last time there was a tax rollback? It ain't going to happen. Once the state has the money it's spent, gone, asta la vista baby.
We are living large in the "Free State".
Problem is, the only thing free in this state is the MOTTO.
:drool:

T

toppick08

Trick question, right?

Where was everybody when the special session happened? NOW you come out of the wood work and ask how did this happen? When was the last time there was a tax rollback? It ain't going to happen. Once the state has the money it's spent, gone, asta la vista baby.
We are living large in the "Free State".
Problem is, the only thing free in this state is the MOTTO.
:drool:

"If you can dream it, we can tax it"....I like the "OLD LINE STATE" motto better. :buddies: