Regifting

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
I'm curious to know your thoughts on the Art of Regifting.
Also, what is the most obvious Re-gift you've ever received?

My favorite regifting story is when I had one cousin re-gift a tea kettle she received from my mom for a wedding present to my sister for Christmas... it still had the $100 bill in it when my sis opened the kettle...:lol:

I can say a certain someone can expect to get a lovely snowman condiment dispenser for Christmas next year. :smile:

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
My favorite regifting story is when I had one cousin re-gift a tea kettle she received from my mom for a wedding present to my sister for Christmas... it still had the $100 bill in it when my sis opened the kettle...:lol:

Now there's a re-gift I wouldn't mind receiving! :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When I was a kid, Mom's side of the family kept regifting an electric carving knife for several years. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If you receive something you don't want or need, I say regift. Let someone else get joy in something that you would have thrown out or donated probably. :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
If it weren't for regifting, my newest step mother probably wouldn't be getting anything this year.

charlesctygal

I think regifting is okay as long as it is not regifted to the person who gave you the gift, and so long as the product has not been used. If its still in its original packaging, why not?

GreenHornet

I'm curious to know your thoughts on the Art of Regifting.
Also, what is the most obvious Re-gift you've ever received?

I regift all the time. Breadmakers, toasters, candles, candle holders and much needed new shoes for the children are great regifting items.

If I had gotten married on Christmas day I probably would have regifted my wife. (to all the really sensitive people, I'm joking let it slide...)

GH

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
1. Never re-gift in the presence of those who gave you the gift.
2. Chinese gift exchanges are good ways to re-gift, but if you are going to do that, make sure you follow rule number 1, especially if the gift was unique enough that the person you got it from will immediately recognize it.
3. Always check the package throughly, especially if it's something where it's not sealed or if the seal could be broken without anyone realizing it...the teapot mentioned is a prime example of why this is important. Purses, wallets, bags and other storage products are also important items to check.
4. Make sure to clean all dust and cobwebs off the gift.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
When I was a kid, Mom's side of the family kept regifting an electric carving knife for several years. :lol:

Our family re-gifted a Xmas cookie someone rec'd on flight for years. Every year, someone would get home after the holidays and it would be in their suitcase.

FairyChatMom

Just me
My husband and his brothers for several years regifted a roll of Santa toilet paper. But then it disappeared - dunno if it got lost when someone moved or it got used when someone moved.