Sobriety Checkpoint

ImnoMensa

I was told that the police set up a sobriety checkpoint last night at 234 and Pincushion Rd.

It happens a lot during holidays when the police go out to catch the amateur drinkers ,they set up these checkpoints.

Of course about 5 minutes after its set up the professional drinkers at the bars are informed of the location.

If you plan on having a Holiday drink, Please have a designated driver, you dont want to have your Christmas spoiled by getting caught in one of these traps, and we all want the roads to be safe.

I am sure there are more plans for these things to be operated over the Holidays.

T

toppick08

I was told that the police set up a sobriety checkpoint last night at 234 and Pincushion Rd.

It happens a lot during holidays when the police go out to catch the amateur drinkers ,they set up these checkpoints.

Of course about 5 minutes after its set up the professional drinkers at the bars are informed of the location.

If you plan on having a Holiday drink, Please have a designated driver, you dont want to have your Christmas spoiled by getting caught in one of these traps, and we all want the roads to be safe.

I am sure there are more plans for these things to be operated over the Holidays.

ROADBLOCKS !!..:yay: Call a cab

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I went through there while it was going on....More lights than Waldorf right here in Clements..:lmao:.....BIG road sign coming from Leonardtown.."Sobriety Checkpoint Ahead" That'll make em turn around...:lmao:

cartman

l was thinking the same thing with the damn sign going up too it when the car ahead of me pulled a quick uturn and the county cops when after him... :lmao:

I am happy with the Check points.. they need more... If you drink and drive you need need to be locked up!

K

Kain99

I'm glad it was at pincushion. They usually set up between the two entrances to Horseshoe Rd. I can't turn and have to sit 15 minutes through the checkpoint to get to the next entrance.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
l was thinking the same thing with the damn sign going up too it when the car ahead of me pulled a quick uturn and the county cops when after him... :lmao:

I am happy with the Check points.. they need more... If you drink and drive you need need to be locked up!

That was already decided by the supreme court two years ago.. they have no cause to chase someone just because they make a u-turn prior to a sobriety checkpoint..

I went thru the one on St. Patrick's Dr. in St. Charles last night. Want to know a sure fired way to get checked? Be nice to the first cop. I told him "Good Evening". He responded with "See the last officer in line" then as I pulled away from him, he hollered "BURGUNDY CAR!!". Stopped at the last officer as directed. Said the same to him. He said "we're running a sobriety checkpoint" I responded with "Figured that out already." He gave me a paper and said "Please read this when you get where you are going, have a nice night."

MMDad

Lem Putt
That was already decided by the supreme court two years ago.. they have no cause to chase someone just because they make a u-turn prior to a sobriety checkpoint..

The smart ones set it up in an area where the U-turn is illegal. That way they can go after you for the illegal turn.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I went thru the one on St. Patrick's Dr. in St. Charles last night. Want to know a sure fired way to get checked? Be nice to the first cop. I told him "Good Evening". He responded with "See the last officer in line" then as I pulled away from him, he hollered "BURGUNDY CAR!!". Stopped at the last officer as directed. Said the same to him. He said "we're running a sobriety checkpoint" I responded with "Figured that out already." He gave me a paper and said "Please read this when you get where you are going, have a nice night."
Not St. Patrick's...Smallwood Drive

smcop

Sorry Bob but your wrong. We can chase or follow anyone we like. We simply can't stop or detain someone without probable cause. However, if you are drunk enough to attempt to avoid a checkpoint, I believe you will do something to give us probable cause.

smcop

The smart ones set it up in an area where the U-turn is illegal. That way they can go after you for the illegal turn.

Any checkpoint has a legal out plan. Where a driver can divert prior to the checkpoint. However, this may cause a police officer to scrutinize that vehicle and follow them to see if there is probable cause to stop said vehicle.

foodcritic

Not trying to be petty. Is Probable Cause the definiton we are looking for? I think it is Reasonable Suspicion. This is the minimum standard for stopping some one.

neveragainangel

maybe their taillights were out.:bigwhoop: they can come up with any reason to pursue if they wanted to and if you are out drinking and driving then good on them.

neveragainangel

Sorry Bob but your wrong. We can chase or follow anyone we like. We simply can't stop or detain someone without probable cause. However, if you are drunk enough to attempt to avoid a checkpoint, I believe you will do something to give us probable cause.

I am glad you are out there. I hope you catch every single one out there drinking and driving.

But a lot of good it will do when they go to court and are released with a slap on the wrist.

bad1032

Sorry Kain99, but your wrong, It dont take 15 minute to get thru a check point unless your pulled over, not even on the busy roads,

K

Kain99

Sorry Kain99, but your wrong, It dont take 15 minute to get thru a check point unless your pulled over, not even on the busy roads,

You've obviously never sat at the Horseshoe Rd. Blocks. I may be exagerrating a lil'.:lmao:

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
FYI - in Chesapeake Beach, on 260, GUARANTEED checkpoint charlie from now til after new year's day. As a matter of fact they set one up last night at the blinking light at 260 (Cross streets - Jewell Rd & Brickhouse Road). BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. Use a cab or get a designated driver.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
maybe their taillights were out.:bigwhoop: they can come up with any reason to pursue if they wanted to and if you are out drinking and driving then good on them.

My point being, if you are going to warn someone that there is a sobriety checkpoint ahead, then what reason can they have?

Seems kind of silly to me to set up a checkpoint, then starting five miles away put up signs and lights announcing that it's ahead..

Why someone would wait until they are 100 yards from one to turn around is kinda silly too.. but maybe I'll start making a u-turn every time I come up on one.. what are they going to stop me for?