Mobile Home Lots In St. Mary's County

G

GotLot

I have purchased a 14' X 70' mobile home. I am having a problem finding a lot to put it on. Do any of you informative people in here have any suggestions? I have tried all of the trailer parks that I can think of. Nobody has lots open or lots that can support that long of a trailer. Thank you for any help that you can give.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's because a lot of the trailer parks are closing down to be redeveloped.

bcp

In My Opinion
I know this is going to be a really stupid question on my part, and I apologize for displaying my obvious window licking affliction however...

I have to inquire as to what you may have been thinking when you purchased a 70 ft mobile home before seeing if there was anywhere to put it.

Im just asking. Im sure that somewhere there is a good answer that will help guide me through some important purchases later in my life.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I saw that in the paper they were closing down another one. I'm guessing that if you want to live in a trailer you would have to buy property somewhere. I thought I read somewhere that in order to live in a trailer you had to have a certain amount of acreage (msp?) but not positive.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You're going to have to purchase a lot to set up the homestead, but you did get the order of operations out of skew a bit.

bcp

In My Opinion
I have a small house that was built almost going on 80 years ago now.
it does however sit on 5 acres of prime real estate in Davidsonville.

I have been trying to convince my wife to go with a double wide on the property and bulldoze our existing structure.

not working well at this point.

as close as I can get is to build another house behind this one, then take this one down.

onebdzee

off the shelf

I have been trying to convince my wife to go with a double wide on the property and bulldoze our existing structure.

as close as I can get is to build another house behind this one, then take this one down.

You should take pan lady to one of the dealerships and show her around some of those double wides....they are built just like the new house are and if you put it on a brick foundation, you can't tell the difference

http://oakwoodhomes.com/home_detail...M07-Port Royal-VA&selected_tab=optTabExterior

G

GotLot

I know this is going to be a really stupid question on my part, and I apologize for displaying my obvious window licking affliction however...

I have to inquire as to what you may have been thinking when you purchased a 70 ft mobile home before seeing if there was anywhere to put it.

Im just asking. Im sure that somewhere there is a good answer that will help guide me through some important purchases later in my life.

It was a good deal. I have a place to put it until I find the lot. I just can't live there in it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Screw a doublewide, go with a modular.

G

GotLot

I'm still searching. I'm just wondering if anyone on here can give me any suggestions or may know of an open lot.

loribug42

every one thinks trying to find a lot for your mobile home is funny and a joke i am one of the people who purchased my home in white oaks the park behind national thats closing in april and there are no lots available for my home either the place is going to close down in april and that leaves alot of residents with no place to move their homes and a mortgage to top it off .its a big mess and people are stuggling to find a place to live. i am not trash or low income i am middle class just trying to survive .no one here ask for this to happen to them i, have asked for no help i just want a decent lot to put my home but thats not going to happen in st marys county. the people that live in this community have been through hell and are still living it so please be a little more sensitive the way you joke its not funny at all everyone does the best they can and one day you could be in the same situation an accident loss of job or just someone selling the land your home sits on

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Unfortunately, Not many places offer trailer spaces. You might have to start looking at lots so you have your own property to park the trailer or even moving somewhere out of the county.

G

GotLot

every one thinks trying to find a lot for your mobile home is funny and a joke i am one of the people who purchased my home in white oaks the park behind national thats closing in april and there are no lots available for my home either the place is going to close down in april and that leaves alot of residents with no place to move their homes and a mortgage to top it off .its a big mess and people are stuggling to find a place to live. i am not trash or low income i am middle class just trying to survive .no one here ask for this to happen to them i, have asked for no help i just want a decent lot to put my home but thats not going to happen in st marys county. the people that live in this community have been through hell and are still living it so please be a little more sensitive the way you joke its not funny at all everyone does the best they can and one day you could be in the same situation an accident loss of job or just someone selling the land your home sits on

It's ok. Don't worry about the people on here bashing you or any others who may live in a trailer. 1/2 of the people in here just act as if they have never had to struggle. The other 1/2 have had to struggle and know how it feels to be in this situation. Some people in here bash people that live in trailer because they think that living in one is beneath them. In the end, it is a very affordable way to live. Often you have more space than an apartment and a yard for your kids to play. But, let people keep spending $1200 and up on an apartment that they will never own.

outlawrc

Loribug is so right. There is no, and will be no place to put a trailer in this county. All the existing lots are full or sold to developers. The displaced folks have had to take up all the open lots leaving others with no where to go.
The county has made it next to impossible to relocate to a private lot as well. As was said by the others, you have to to have quite a chunk to move a trailer to.

G

GotLot

Loribug is so right. There is no, and will be no place to put a trailer in this county. All the existing lots are full or sold to developers. The displaced folks have had to take up all the open lots leaving others with no where to go.
The county has made it next to impossible to relocate to a private lot as well. As was said by the others, you have to to have quite a chunk to move a trailer to.

It's crazy. A majority of the people that lived there owned their homes. Now the state is going to be wondering why so many people had to apply for housing. The sad truth is that alot of these homeowners are going to have to watch their home get demolished because they have nowhere to put it. There are people selling them for next to nothing because they can't find a lot to put it on and are hoping for the money just to put down as a deposit for a crappy apartment. How fair is that?

nomoney

It's ok. Don't worry about the people on here bashing you or any others who may live in a trailer. 1/2 of the people in here just act as if they have never had to struggle. The other 1/2 have had to struggle and know how it feels to be in this situation. Some people in here bash people that live in trailer because they think that living in one is beneath them. In the end, it is a very affordable way to live. Often you have more space than an apartment and a yard for your kids to play. But, let people keep spending $1200 and up on an apartment that they will never own.

I didn't read it like you were being bashed about your trailer situation. I read it as people with some common sense asking why you didn't find a lot and THEN the trailer. Others simply stated that there aren't many available and you'd have to purchase your own lot. So quit your biatching and moaning about how you're being bashed.

G

GotLot

I didn't read it like you were being bashed about your trailer situation. I read it as people with some common sense asking why you didn't find a lot and THEN the trailer. Others simply stated that there aren't many available and you'd have to purchase your own lot. So quit your biatching and moaning about how you're being bashed.

I wasn't bashed. I've just seen others on here being bashed about it. It seems as if people automatically assume that people that live in a trailer are "trailer trash".

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
It would be so nice to be able to afford any of those!

Well I'm confused. Where did you think the mobile home would go? You can't just knock on the door of someone with a bunch of land and ask to rent a piece of it because you are required to have a water source and electricity.