Yahoo email

D

Dixie

Does anyone on here have yahoo email and if so are you having problems getting to your account? I haven't been able to open nor send emails in three days - like ever since my son added new wires, boxes and new anti-virus stuff. I'm obviously getting on the internet but yahoo times me out w/o opening.

D

Dixie

Thanks - it's probably something screwy my son did when he added all the new garbage seems like the more things he adds to protect the longer it takes to get to anything.

D

Dixie

Wish I knew what he did. I created a new account thinking maybe it was something there and I can see that yahoo sent me an email but it won't open. I know he means well but I really wish he'd leave well enough alone and keep all the firewalls he sets up and anti virus stuff off - I'm not that computer literate and everytime he does this it seems like something I used to be able to do I can no longer do - it's even loading everything slower now.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Does anyone on here have yahoo email and if so are you having problems getting to your account? I haven't been able to open nor send emails in three days - like ever since my son added new wires, boxes and new anti-virus stuff. I'm obviously getting on the internet but yahoo times me out w/o opening.

If anything its probably the antivirus software (assuming you got software and not a hardware firewall...). what exactly did your son install, do you know? He should be able to fix it for you or at least walk you through it, or else he really shouldn't have been installing the stuff in the first place...:lmao: chances are you will just have to go into the antivirus program and allow yahoo.com or mail.yahoo or something, i'm not sure what the address exactly is for yahoo as I never get on mine...

o, and so you know. (cuz i see you made a new account) It has something to do with connecting to the site, not with the account itself. You could use someone else's computer and get to your account fine (chances are). If you at least know the type of antivirus software you have I could maybe help a little, but is there any way you could call him and have him walk you through allowing yahoo mail while on the phone with him>?

Last edited:

jenbengen

Watch it

Sorry, no trouble here either.

D

Dixie

If anything its probably the antivirus software (assuming you got software and not a hardware firewall...). what exactly did your son install, do you know? He should be able to fix it for you or at least walk you through it, or else he really shouldn't have been installing the stuff in the first place...:lmao: chances are you will just have to go into the antivirus program and allow yahoo.com or mail.yahoo or something, i'm not sure what the address exactly is for yahoo as I never get on mine...

o, and so you know. (cuz i see you made a new account) It has something to do with connecting to the site, not with the account itself. You could use someone else's computer and get to your account fine (chances are). If you at least know the type of antivirus software you have I could maybe help a little, but is there any way you could call him and have him walk you through allowing yahoo mail while on the phone with him>?

I'm pretty certain it's something antivirus as I got an email from something called avast maybe(?) to finish up something - I don't know I can't open it. And Christmas Eve he was over here installing something there's this new big thing with a gazillion plugs on the floor and a netgear thing. I called him at work - he's cranky I asked him if he could think of any reason I can't open up my email - he said no - I said oh, end of conversation. Hopefully he'll be in a better mood maybe this weekend. Meanwhile my autistic son is freaking out using his accumulated four letter vocabulary to tell me it's all my fault.

I love the holidays. I sure hope my car starts tomorrow. I really really want to go back to work.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I'm pretty certain it's something antivirus as I got an email from something called avast maybe(?) to finish up something - I don't know I can't open it. And Christmas Eve he was over here installing something there's this new big thing with a gazillion plugs on the floor and a netgear thing. I called him at work - he's cranky I asked him if he could think of any reason I can't open up my email - he said no - I said oh, end of conversation. Hopefully he'll be in a better mood maybe this weekend. Meanwhile my autistic son is freaking out using his accumulated four letter vocabulary to tell me it's all my fault.

I love the holidays. I sure hope my car starts tomorrow. I really really want to go back to work.

Aw.

:huggy:

well i can't really help you from here. tell your son to stop being an ass and to fix what he broke :smile:

D

Dixie

Both kids have been pleasant for two days in a row now - I guess it's more than they could bear. Thanks for the sympathy though - it helps!

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Both kids have been pleasant for two days in a row now - I guess it's more than they could bear. Thanks for the sympathy though - it helps!

avast is anti-virus. Go to control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall it.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

avast is anti-virus. Go to control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall it.

but that will still just be getting rid of the antivirus.

granted, it will solve your issue (probably) but it will also be defeating the purpose of what your son did :lmao:

it would be better if you can find the way to allow your computer to connect to yahoo mail...which i'm not exactly sure why there is an issue because to my knowledge, yahoo mail is an online client...it doesn't download stuff to your computer...so i'm not exactly sure what the issue is with it complying to the antivirus standards :shrug:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
but that will still just be getting rid of the antivirus.

granted, it will solve your issue (probably) but it will also be defeating the purpose of what your son did :lmao:

it would be better if you can find the way to allow your computer to connect to yahoo mail...which i'm not exactly sure why there is an issue because to my knowledge, yahoo mail is an online client...it doesn't download stuff to your computer...so i'm not exactly sure what the issue is with it complying to the antivirus standards :shrug:

It may be (maybe) that the avast downloaded a firewall in addition to the antivirus software. Third party firewalls don't play pretty with XP's firewall. I'm sure your son was just trying to help. Personally, nobody touches my computer at home or my servers at work.

If you were fine before you son installed programs, removing them won't hurt you.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Wish I knew what he did. I created a new account thinking maybe it was something there and I can see that yahoo sent me an email but it won't open. I know he means well but I really wish he'd leave well enough alone and keep all the firewalls he sets up and anti virus stuff off - I'm not that computer literate and everytime he does this it seems like something I used to be able to do I can no longer do - it's even loading everything slower now.

Send him to his room without dinner until he takes if all off your computer and promises not to do it again.

D

Dixie

Send him to his room without dinner until he takes if all off your computer and promises not to do it again.

:lmao: He got over it. Stopped by tinkered, mumbled under his breath, said a few technical things to me, showed me where it was scanning all the emails, was actually able to open one then took something upstairs to check ito on the neighbors computer. He switched my netgear box thing out also, so he's thinking it's that.

Meanwhile, child number two youtubed A Christmas Story for the rest of the night and acted out all the four letter scenes for me - ended up being a peaceful night after all.

Now I don't want to go back to work. Maybe the car won't start again.

Thanks for the laughs and advice everyone.