Harry "Not So Nice" Bridge

Just got in from VA. Besides all the mess on 95 and accidents all over the place, I just spent an hour and a half waiting in Dahlgen for another accident to be cleared off the Nice bridge. A UPS trucker who say it said a trailer got wedged under a tanker truck and was up on the cement wall. When we finally got tot he MD side, the truck was on the side of the road hitched to a flatbed tow truck. Looked to be one of those liquid O2 or N2 trucks. There was something on the flatbed, but it was so flat I have NO CLUE what it might have been...

And then I followed someone doing 5-10 mph UNDER the speed limit for the entire length of Rt 234.

I'm just glad to be home.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The police have been at your house all weekend looking for a crack dealer.

Welcome home. :huggy:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Just got in from VA. Besides all the mess on 95 and accidents all over the place, I just spent an hour and a half waiting in Dahlgen for another accident to be cleared off the Nice bridge. A UPS trucker who say it said a trailer got wedged under a tanker truck and was up on the cement wall. When we finally got tot he MD side, the truck was on the side of the road hitched to a flatbed tow truck. Looked to be one of those liquid O2 or N2 trucks. There was something on the flatbed, but it was so flat I have NO CLUE what it might have been...

And then I followed someone doing 5-10 mph UNDER the speed limit for the entire length of Rt 234.

I'm glad you made it back safely. My hubby and I went down to Norfolk, VA yesterday and back for Christmas with 2 of my kids. It was amazingly clear with just a few diiots on the road. Sounds like a really horrible accident.

I'm glad you made it back safely. My hubby and I went down to Norfolk, VA yesterday and back for Christmas with 2 of my kids. It was amazingly clear with just a few diiots on the road. Sounds like a really horrible accident.

I'm waiting to see if there are any news reports tomorrow. Glad you guys made it home safe too.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

:roflmao: Ohhhh, I know what you mean and have the headache to prove it :lol:
I came home from N.C. this morning in the lovely weather. Accidents started around Richmond and kept going north. People were driving slow in the far left lane at least 10-15 mph under the speed limit. Making others brake was as bad as speeding in the weather. Same thing when I hit 234...and on the other side of L-town going 40 mph down rte. 5. I was overjoyed when I finally got home. Welcome back :howdy:

Last edited:
:roflmao: Ohhhh, I know what you mean and have the headache to prove it :lol:
I came home from N.C. this morning in the lovely weather. Accidents started around Richmond and kept going north. People were driving slow in the far left lane at least 10-15 mph under the speed limit. Making others brake was as bad as speeding in the weather. Same thing when I hit 234...and on the other side of L-town going 40 mph down rte. 5. I was overhoyed when I finally got home. Welcome back :howdy:

Yeah, just seemed to be the day for bad travel.... :frown:
Welcome home.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Glad you all are home safely. Cross your fingers for me tomorrow; I was 2 hours late flying in, so hopefully flying back will be uneventful.

You're allowed to pass a car when the center line is dashed on your side of the road.

AM I??? :doh: Wish I had know that last night......

:lmao: there was a line of cars and trucks in front of me behind that slow mover, and no one could make a pass. Although, it was very interesting to watch an 18-wheeler go thru the new traffic circle on Budd's Creek Rd. The circle just isn't big enough and wasn't designed to allow big rigs thru there without running over every curb and nearly taking down signs on both sides.

Cowgirl

Going to be driving to NC tomorrow....hopefully everything will be clear. I don't want to get stuck in the car for longer than we have to! We'll be jam packed in there. BF and me in the front, my 21 yr old bro, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy in the back, and Scooter the dog in the way back. :jameo: Hopefully we'll survive the 7+ hour drive. :lol:

Going to be driving to NC tomorrow....hopefully everything will be clear. I don't want to get stuck in the car for longer than we have to! We'll be jam packed in there. BF and me in the front, my 21 yr old bro, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy in the back, and Scooter the dog in the way back. :jameo: Hopefully we'll survive the 7+ hour drive. :lol:

Could be interesting....... Good Luck!

BTW, I left a link for you in ChitChat...

ImnoMensa

People have forgotten the art of passing automobiles. I have noticed that more and more.

Passing used to be the first in line behind the auto being passed ,moved around and in turn the others. These days it seems the first behind hasnt the nerve or the wish to go around and more and more cars pile up behind as the line gets too long to make the pass. Many cars today have less power and require more time in the wrong lane to get by. Also there is more oncoming traffic than in days past.

As for the Harry Nice bridge it has been needing an additional span for years now, What are the plans for building an additional span.?? As far as I know there are none. Dont expect anything new in Southern Md. with MOM up there in Annapolis.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
AM I??? :doh: Wish I had know that last night......

:lmao: there was a line of cars and trucks in front of me behind that slow mover, and no one could make a pass.

:lol: I hate that.

There was a Peter Eagan colum in Cycle World a few months ago about hime taking a road trip in a Ural w/sidecar. He observed that there are a lot of folks that will absolutly not pass no matter how slow the traffic is going.

... and I'm sure you noticed that everybody behind the slow vehical is tailgating the car in front of them so you can't work your way through the line.

:lol: I hate that.

There was a Peter Eagan colum in Cycle World a few months ago about hime taking a road trip in a Ural w/sidecar. He observed that there are a lot of folks that will absolutly not pass no matter how slow the traffic is going.

... and I'm sure you noticed that everybody behind the slow vehical is tailgating the car in front of them so you can't work your way through the line.

Yup. and it was rainy, limited visibility, so everyone was just staying in their "comfort zone". And I guess I'm ok with that, much better than everyone trying to drive beyond their capability and winding up being another statistic.