Does a short-cut exist?

Jerrycat

We are planning a holiday trip to Ocean City this weekend from Lex Park area. Does anyone know if there is a short cut to the eastern shore? You dont really have to drive the whole way around the bay do you? What about the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel? Or maybe a ferry that will take you over? Let me know if anyone has any ideas or kowledge on this...thanks!

Snow Shovel

Drive to Annapolis and take the bridge over on RT 50. Long drive. At least the bridge toll is lower than it used to be.

It is the same to go to Norfolk. 100 miles as the crow flies, 200 miles to drive.

Toxick

Splat
They've been talking about a ferry between Drum Point and the Eastern Shore for as long as I've been down here. If they did that, it would take a half hour to get from, say the Ches. Ranch Estates, to OC.

Alas, nobody has ever done such a thing.

So we're stuck with the long drive.

:mad:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Jerrycat
What about the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel? Or maybe a ferry that will take you over?

Sorry the tunnel goes from near Norfolk to the Eastern shore so you'd still have to drive a little over 3 hours just to get to the tunnel and then an hour from there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Toxick
They've been talking about a ferry between Drum Point and the Eastern Shore for as long as I've been down here. If they did that, it would take a half hour to get from, say the Ches. Ranch Estates, to OC.
An half an hour from the Ranch Club to OC? How do you figure that?

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by RoseRed
An half an hour from the Ranch Club to OC? How do you figure that?

I didn't - that's what "they" said.

I haven't looked at a map and done the math, but it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to get from A to B if you just jaunt straight the heck across the bay.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I didn't - that's what "they" said.

I haven't looked at a map and done the math, but it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to get from A to B if you just jaunt straight the heck across the bay.
Perhaps the ferry ride could take 30 minutes. But then there is still the drive from Crisfield to OC. That's what, another hour?

Toxick

Splat
Perhaps the ferry ride could take 30 minutes. But then there is still the drive from Crisfield to OC. That's what, another hour?

That's what I said...

I was talking drive-time. I wasn't even considering the ferry ride.

Like I said: I never did the math. Its just something I've heard again and again, and never saw come to fruition. It would be pretty cool to cut the trip down to an hour/hour and a half.

Maybe on a warm day, someone will hang-glide from Calvert Cliffs over to OC, and really make a new shortcut.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Maybe on a warm day, someone will hang-glide from Calvert Cliffs over to OC, and really make a new shortcut.
That I would like to see! :lol:

How long have you been in SOMD and has the baby arrived yet?

Toxick

Splat
That I would like to see! :lol:

How long have you been in SOMD and has the baby arrived yet?

2003-1982 = 21 years.

Holy crap. I never thought of that before.

God, I'm getting old.

We moved down here from Charm City when I was a teenager. My dad worked for BG&E and they transferred him down here to CCNPP. He commuted for a couple years, then got totally sick of that - and we all moved.

Nope no baby yet. She keeps having Benson & Hedges contractions, so we've thought she was in labor a couple of times - and once she even went to the hospital. They told her to go home, and that Briggs & Straton contractions were totally normal - and come back when she's having them 10-8 minutes apart for over an hour.

We're still expecting it this week, so I'm anxiously pacing the proverbial floor. But nothing yet.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have been here 13 years.

Keep us posted about the baby! Who knows, you be having a little firecracker! :cheesy:

Toxick

Splat
I have been here 13 years.

Time flies when you're having fun, donnit?

Keep us posted about the baby! Who knows, you be having a little firecracker! :cheesy:

Around about 8ish months ago when we first found out her due date with July 14th, I mentioned that my daughter was a few weeks early. And I said something along the lines of "It would be pretty cool if this one is born on the 4th of July, wouldn't it?"

We may yet find out if that's cool!

:biggrin: :cheers:

I know my wife will certainly think it's cool. She's so tired of being pregnant, and having sore hips and back, she doesn't know what to do with herself.

SeaRide

Originally posted by Jerrycat
What up with that scary looking Chesapeake bridge tunnel that goes underwater? Has anyone been on that?

What do you mean what's up with that scary looking bridge tunnel that goes underwater? duh!

That Ches. Bay bridge tunnel is nothing to fret over. 17 miles long. Not all of it underwater the whole way.

for more info.. cilck here--> http://www.cbbt.com/

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I heard they built a bridge a few years back, but only VIP Tiki Bar members had access to cross it. :ohwell:
:nono: Shhhhh Sxy, don't go giving away our secrets! :rolleyes:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I didn't tell anyone where it was actually located...:biggrin:
Oh good, you had me nervous! Will you be crossing that bridge tonight with Mig and I?

pilot

Originally posted by johndoug
St. Marys County airport.

Good point. I've done it myself and from the time I took off from the airport to the time I was strolling on the beach in Ocean City was only an hour!

Someone should seriously consider setting up a charter service. It would also be nice if they could offer puddle jumpers to Dulles, National, and BWI.