Chesapeake Beach traffic cameras

penguin6

I recently noticed that new stoplights are going in near the Subway in Chesapeake Beach, and they have traffic monitoring cameras built on top.

Ummm...why?

And who is going to actually watch the camera feed? Can't imagine that would be a very stressful job.

greyhound

I recently noticed that new stoplights are going in near the Subway in Chesapeake Beach, and they have traffic monitoring cameras built on top.

Ummm...why?

And who is going to actually watch the camera feed? Can't imagine that would be a very stressful job.

Probably the same people that watch the ones in PF, Solomons, Dunkirk...

davies712

They aren't cameras. They are motion detectors used to detect a car moving up to the intersection and change the light. They replace the sensors that used to be built into the road.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
They aren't cameras. They are motion detectors used to detect a car moving up to the intersection and change the light. They replace the sensors that used to be built into the road.

Yup, I learned that myself in a thread here a few months back. Sure look like cameras though.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
There are lots of cameras around DC,Baltimore and Philly now that mail you your speeding ticket!!! I know because my car got one wile I was away at work.. The reg owner still gotta pay though.:smack:

Dork

Highlander's MPD

Ummm...why?

Actually, any state road will eventually have traffic cameras. Any road with a number (Rt. 261) is a state road. They are not there for the purpose of issuing red light tickets or spying on people. They are there to monitor traffic, see accidents, etc. On your next trip to work or somewhere other than Ches. Beach, pay attention to all the intersections. You'll see lots of cameras. It's all part of a bigger plan. Eventually, they can be used to find things like terrorist tanker trucks, stolen vehicles, abducted kids, etc. Libs will cry that it's invading privacy but it's really all for the common good. I think they are a great idea. There is a web site that you can see some of the cameras. It's something like Chart.com, .gov or whatever. IT's a MD state thing.

K

Kain99

There are 0 Traffic cameras in Northern Virginia. Really odd.