Whats the story w/the old farm house

Pezfreak

by calvert mem? I was thinking someone here may know its story. Im sure it was a nice place in its day. Ive always liked that house with all the big old trees. Its kinda sad now sitting there with the land cleared all around with bulldozers waiting.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
by calvert mem? I was thinking someone here may know its story. Im sure it was a nice place in its day. Ive always liked that house with all the big old trees. Its kinda sad now sitting there with the land cleared all around with bulldozers waiting.

Just ask Bronwyn, she hangs out there!

give me an M

anyway, bulldozers suck..............ever seen Spielberg's '*batteries not included' ?

danny3527

I used to strip tobacco there. then it got old and when we started having strippers there. Eventually there will be a strip mall.

greyhound

No big story to the house. It was owned by the Dorsey family originally. I don't know who owned it most recently.

I remember when they're used to be another house between the old farm one and the hospital. I was in it actually. It's long gone now though. It was torn down to make way for the medical building.

Pezfreak

Thanks for the replies. I have a co worker who collects old bottles and has given me a few he found here in the county. They are fun to research. I guess thats what sparked my interest in the local history. Weve been here 20years and still feel new to the area sometimes. Its a shame to see the old farms go.
Thanks again and happy new year!

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I thought that house belonged to the Halls. Before they sold it to the hospital, they said they did not want the house tore down but to make a historic site out of it because it was one of the original houses or something like that in PF.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Thanks for the replies. I have a co worker who collects old bottles and has given me a few he found here in the county. They are fun to research. I guess thats what sparked my interest in the local history. Weve been here 20years and still feel new to the area sometimes. Its a shame to see the old farms go.
Thanks again and happy new year!
Hey Pez, we have collected several old bottles from our farm. What site do you use to look them up??

Last edited:

The Oyster Guy

If they ever intended to demolish that house, I think it would have happened by now... with the heavy machinery currently available on-site, they could knock it down in 15 minutes.

I suspect the place is still standing because it's going to be saved.

The property belonged to the Dorsey Family. Heirs of the last resident sold the property to the Calvert Memorial Hospital. One of the heirs was Dr. William Dorsey who is a Vet in Prince Frederick.:howdy:

Pezfreak

Hey Pez, we have collected several old bottles from our farm. What site do you use to look them up??

I usually start by doing a search- just typing in whatever is printed on the bottle. We found an old pint sized milk bottle under our kitchen when we renovated and a few marbles out in the flower beds :eek:)
Theres a bottle show/convention in baltimore coming up in march.
Heres the site for the baltimore bottle club.
Baltimore Antique Bottle Club, Inc.
and another:Historic Bottle Website - Homepage