Daughter's Science Project Survey

rigirl

My middle school daughter is asking for your help for her science project. She made a survey on a website to try and reach as many people as she could. It will only take about 5 minutes. I know I should have posted this under "survey" forum, but that one only has 22 people viewing right now, and this one has over 200! I'm sure her topic will generate a discussion. Please take the survey before reading future postings on this site, so you can answer objectively.

From my daughter..."It would mean a lot if you took this survey. Thank you."
From the mom...."You guys are the greatest. Happy New Year!"

CFL Awareness Survey

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It doesn't work.
I know about CFL but have never bought any. I answered the question witn an *, but it wouldn't allow me to continue

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:shrug: if none of the choices applied, I left it blank. Why screw up her survey with bad info?

I thought those types of questions covered themselves with a "if this doesnt apply, enter your comments here" box...but I'm probably wrong...didn't pay that much attention to know if every question had one of those lol.

I was just messin anyhow :buddies:

ImnoMensa

The landfill is lined but most of our trash goes to Calvert County now and is then taken to Va. I believe.

I have heard rumors we may begin building a new landfill soon.

I have found this about CFL bulbs. I have a light in my kitchen that blew out the regular bulbs fast, too much heat under the globe I believe. These CFL bulbs last longer there. Also I have a trouble light in the garage I use for auto repairs, It blew out the regular bulbs as fast as i could replace them and blew the rough service bulbs regularly with rough use, I replaced that one with a CFL and it is still in use. Problem: Not enough light and it takes a while to warm up when in the cold garage.

I was blowing regular bulbs pretty fast in the security light on my garage, rain hit it or the cold effected it. I replaced it with the CFL bulb of the biggest wattage I could get and it lis still there after 6 months. Really satisfied about that. Still not putting out as much light , but dim light is better than replaceing the bulb every week or so.

I would replace other bulbs with the CFL if they werent so expensive as for now I will wait until the regular bulbs blow and replace some of them with the CFL where the usage makes it more convenient or cost effective.

rigirl

From my daughter..."Please use the comment boxes. Only a few have them. I can see the comments. Thanks, every response helps."

From the mom...My daughter got a laugh about why old people shouldn't use the internet! Thanks for taking the survey. She is really excited about this project.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I took the survey. I am a CFL dummy. Someone posted a while back about using CFLs - I think it was Pandora. She'd be a more informed survey taker.

P

Purplegirl

She should be the one telling people to take the survey not her daddy!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
She should be the one telling people to take the survey not her daddy!

We discourage 11-13 year olds on this forum, just as they are discouraged on many others. Maybe the parents are parenting and would like a little control over their child's internet access.

rigirl

Just letting you know, this is the 8th grade daughter writing. I did the whole survey by myself f.y.i. My mom was the one who has access to this forum. I want to know what people like you think. The only reason I posted it under my mom's name is because my parents limit my access to make sure I'm not going on random forums. Also, this science project involves using community and resources. In order to gather data you need a wide range of people taking it, and my mom has access to that, not me.

=) lots of love

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
OK, I did it, very good topic since I use CFL throughtout my home except where I have dimmer switches...