Not Standing For The Pledge

SOLDIER

This makes me very angry I am in the military and I always stand for the anthem, always have always will cause I have respect for our country, NOW WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THESE PARENTS NOT TEACHING THESE KIDS RESPECT!!!!!!! :smack::eyebrow:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
This makes me very angry I am in the military and I always stand for the anthem, always have always will cause I have respect for our country, NOW WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THESE PARENTS NOT TEACHING THESE KIDS RESPECT!!!!!!! :smack::eyebrow:

Hey brother, there are a ton of adults who don't do it either so thats where the kiddies get it from. It rattles my cage bad when I see that. I go out to MIR at Budds Creek during the summer and before eliminations they play the anthem. You would be shocked to see how many people blow it off while others stand tall knowing damn well everything that flag represents is why we can be at that race track to begin with!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If you see my kid doing that, feel free to slap him then tell him to satnd, face the flag and hold his hand over his heart.

oldman

Lobster Land
It's just where this country is going. Nobody cares about anything except for themselves or their special interests. What's really sad in my mind is that the parents condone this sort of behavior so it just escalates.

5857dave

Ya' think it's free?

I don't care what someone does or doesn't. It is a free country.

Next time they play the anthem, taps, or hoist and lower the colors, and you are in uniform, don't salute then post back here about what the 'old man' did to you at mast.

I notice you don't mind taking the governments money every month, so you must not really feel it's free.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Next time they play the anthem, taps, or hoist and lower the colors, and you are in uniform, don't salute then post back here about what the 'old man' did to you at mast.

Listen jackazz, I never said I didn't do it. I said I don't care what other people do.

I notice you don't mind taking the governments money every month, so you must not really feel it's free.
And what the hell does this even mean?

Dork

Highlander's MPD
It's just where this country is going. Nobody cares about anything except for themselves or their special interests. What's really sad in my mind is that the parents condone this sort of behavior so it just escalates.

You should change your name to Wise oldman. You hit the nail on the head. It has nothing to do with the religion or cult of Jehovah's witnesses. I've see the same lack or respect at many high school events. It's sad. We shouldn't have any laws telling people to stand and place your hand over your heart but it should be taught and instilled by parents but things have changed.

Oh, I overheard two older men in Giant the other day talk about how much safer schools were these days. I wanted to jump in on that conversation and ask WTF they were basing that on. What does everyone else think. I don't think they are safer.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
You should change your name to Wise oldman. You hit the nail on the head. It has nothing to do with the religion or cult of Jehovah's witnesses. I've see the same lack or respect at many high school events. It's sad. We shouldn't have any laws telling people to stand and place your hand over your heart but it should be taught and instilled by parents but things have changed.

:yeahthat:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Bustem' Down - nothing personal but your response says it all.

SOLDIER - there ya go. This is what we are dealing with - so misguided.

Twisted Ear - I have over 10 years of military service and still going so I know where he's coming from, but I'm not going to sweat what other people are or aren't doing. I have better things to do.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
Twisted Ear - I have over 10 years of military service and still going so I know where he's coming from, but I'm not going to sweat what other people are or aren't doing. I have better things to do.

I read a interview and that was exactly what one of those punks said.

Thanks for serving our country Bustem' Down.

Fly Navy!

bcp

In My Opinion
although I stand for the anthem/ pledge I do have to point something out.
that flag and what it stand for may well be the very thing that makes it so I can go to the races, but at the same time, that flag and what it stands for is also the very same thing that gives those people the right to be #######s and not stand.

the knife cuts both ways, if freedom is forced, it can not be considered freedom at all.

Last edited:

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
My final point - having the right to do what you want is one thing (It is a free country). Men and women have died so everyone will have that right. However, showing respect for our country by standing during the national anthem should not be dumped into "I can do whatever I want - it's a free country."