Broiling Fish...

Toxick

Splat
So I have this here catfish, and I heard from a friend that a good way to cook it is to broil it.

I've never broiled anything in my life...

So I'm online and I'm looking for instructions on how to simply broil a fish, and I see everything from breading it to covering it in cornmeal to broiling it in tomato sauce and all kinds of of other crap, but nothing about simply broiling it to serve maybe with taters or green beans.

I just want to broil fish with nothing else... anyone know how to do that?

I know it's a stupid question, but like I said, I've never broiled anything before, and I don't want to ruin a lovely fish.

MMDad

Lem Putt
1. Sprinkle catfish with garlic salt and lemon pepper. Preheat broiler.
2. Place fish on the greased rack of an unheated broiler pan. Tuck under any thin edges.
3. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Gwydion

I broil my salmon. Makes it nice and juicy.

Layer your pan with aluminum foil. Squeeze some lemon onto it (ifyou want it) along with any other seasonings.

Turn on the broil and wait a minute

Put fish in the oven on the top shelf with the door slightly open.

COme back 10 minutes later.

Toxick

Splat
1. Sprinkle catfish with garlic salt and lemon pepper. Preheat broiler.
2. Place fish on the greased rack of an unheated broiler pan. Tuck under any thin edges.
3. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

The broiler doesn't have a temperature setting does it ... just "broil" on or off. Right?

Thanks for the info.

dn0121

You can also broil your steaks. I turn on the broiler, and heat a cast iron skillet on the stove top. I cook for 30 seconds to 1 min on each side of the steak. Then pop the whole thing in the over and broil for up to 10 mins depending on how thick. Keeps it nice and juicy!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Ewwww....broiled catfish :dead:

Catfish is so much better when it is fried up in peanut oil and served with homemade hush puppies :yum:

You can also broil your steaks. I turn on the broiler, and heat a cast iron skillet on the stove top. I cook for 30 seconds to 1 min on each side of the steak. Then pop the whole thing in the over and broil for up to 10 mins depending on how thick. Keeps it nice and juicy!

Yep. kinda like grilling except the juices don't drip off.

Toxick

Splat
Then dont eat catfish till training is over, then deep fry yourself up some cat and hushpuppies. worth the wait.:drool:

It's never going to be over. Unless I have more kids.... which is not bloody likely. I only stopped lifting and training for a while so I could play with them more - now they're older and don't need so much attention and time, I'm going to phase back into my old routine.

BTW: Broiled catfish = GOOD..... I enjoyed the hell out of that. Thanks guys for the tips yesterday. Did some lemon pepper and garlic powder, broiled for 10-15 min and YUM.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
So I have this here catfish, and I heard from a friend that a good way to cook it is to broil it.

I've never broiled anything in my life...

So I'm online and I'm looking for instructions on how to simply broil a fish, and I see everything from breading it to covering it in cornmeal to broiling it in tomato sauce and all kinds of of other crap, but nothing about simply broiling it to serve maybe with taters or green beans.

I just want to broil fish with nothing else... anyone know how to do that?

I know it's a stupid question, but like I said, I've never broiled anything before, and I don't want to ruin a lovely fish.

I have to do this. :biggrin:

Resident Broiler Expert