Bad Accident RT.4 and Cove Point Rd.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Don't know what happened but alot of emegency vehicles and I believe they flew people out happened just about ~1400.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I saw that this morning. I was hoping it was a deer they had covered up on the hood of the car. :ohwell:

FFsFlame

Don't know what happened but alot of emegency vehicles and I believe they flew people out happened just about ~1400.

The squad from St. Leonard VFD flipped over on the way to a call. 2 firefighters injured-one flown to PG.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I always see people crossing the street at all hours at that location.

Me too, even teen children. I was in that traffic this morning 7:18am - 7:53am. It caught me at the Mexican restaurant but on the northbound side. I thought that it was something with the fuel pumps because no emergency vehicles (other than state and county police cars) were on site but SHA was all over the place. They did a great job with assisting, if I can say nothing else about SHA.

I feel bad for the decease though, made it to the New Year but not much further. The entire windshield was gone from that very brand new car. Hopefully, the driver was not at fault because sometimes people speed like they're on a race track and with a new fancy sports cars its almost expected that a new driver would want to test the speed. Bottom line they both had bad timing but that's the way it was meant to happen. :frown:

dn0121

Right down the road from us here at work. Crane is coming in to get it upright, should be another 2 hours. Hope the firefighters heal up good and quick.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Right down the road from us here at work. Crane is coming in to get it upright, should be another 2 hours. Hope the firefighters heal up good and quick.

Is the road blocked up? I'll warn coworkers of mine heading home.

sparkysgirl

Hey everyone. I was on scene for the accident. Squad 7 was responding to a stove fire down Cove Point Road and flipped when they came around the turn at route 4 and cove point road. The officer (Front seat passenger) was flown for mechanism, no major injuries. The driver was transported by ambulance to CMH. CHIPS came and uprighted the tanker and are towing it. No major injuries, though chances are the Squad is totaled.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Hey everyone. I was on scene for the accident. Squad 7 was responding to a stove fire down Cove Point Road and flipped when they came around the turn at route 4 and cove point road. The officer (Front seat passenger) was flown for mechanism, no major injuries. The driver was transported by ambulance to CMH. CHIPS came and uprighted the tanker and are towing it. No major injuries, though chances are the Squad is totaled.

Just drove past 5 minutes ago, heavy rescue squad truck hooked up to tow truck, cove point between 4 and HG Trueman still shut down. HG Truman itself is open though. Access Cove Point rd via Rousby Hall --> HG Truman (or use Post Office gate to CRE.....)

Hope everyone is OK!

dgates80

Land of the lost

What's "flown for mechanism" mean? bumps / bruises / cuts or broken bones or? Why fly the person if not a major injury?

sparkysgirl

Mechanism means that even though the person isn't complaining of any major injuries or complaining of any neck/back pain after a major accident (fall from a height, high speed collision, rollover, stuff like that) they CAN be flown out for "mechanism". Sometimes with adrenaline and that patients don't realize how seriously injured they can be. It's precautionary. If we lived closer to a trauma center he wouldn't have been flown but transported by ground. It's strictly precautionary.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

Was wondering if something like that happened, I saw a fire truck heading down Cove Point Rd. towards the beach only to see it coming back out a minute later with sirens going.