Old St. Inigoes General Store

Jannifer

It appears there was some activity there the past week end. I saw people cleaning up outside and working inside.

Does anyone know anything about what may be happening there?

red_explorer

Fingers crossed

I really hope something is going in there. I got so spoiled having Donna Marie's there. It was awesome!

MMDad

Lem Putt
I really hope something is going in there. I got so spoiled having Donna Marie's there. It was awesome!

:twitch: That filthy, disgusting place was "awesome" to you? They had a captive audience with the base, but people still didn't go there. :barf:

red_explorer

Good food

They had the best roast beef sandwiches, and were willing to deliver to our house, something we appreciated greatly. The place always seemed clean and bright, and you could where they were preparing the food. That's part of what I don't like about St. James- you can't see anything and the place is always so dark and dirty.

smoothmarine187

They had the best roast beef sandwiches, and were willing to deliver to our house, something we appreciated greatly. That's part of what I don't like about St. James- you can't see anything and the place is always so dark and dirty.

:confused: Funny, that's what I always hear about Kjo

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I used to work there when it was General Store back in the late 80s. I never did go in there when it was Donna Marie's. Let us know if/when you find out what's going in there, maybe somebody will give Tony Baden (Rod and Reel) a run for his money? He's the only thing going when Raley's is closed and you don't want to drive up to St. James.

:confused: Funny, that's what I always hear about Kjo

Heh, I thought you were the one who delivered the beef. :lol:

queencity28

That is my dad's store, or at least the old General Store was run by him. He still owns the property though. I believe new tenants are coming in and I've heard good things about what they plan to do with the place. I hope it works out, especially for the people that live down that way. It is nice having a store close by for convenience. My father put decades of blood, sweat, and tears into that place but let it go when it became too much of a burden. I have alot of good memories of the place and the customers.

red_explorer

I used to work there when it was General Store back in the late 80s. I never did go in there when it was Donna Marie's. Let us know if/when you find out what's going in there, maybe somebody will give Tony Baden (Rod and Reel) a run for his money? He's the only thing going when Raley's is closed and you don't want to drive up to St. James.

FYI- The Rod N Reel is for sale.

awpitt

Main Streeter

I remeber when Clancy, the Lean Mean Sandwitch Machine, ran the place in the mornings.

mingiz

Horse Poor
just hope who takes over either store is a good ole american not a rag head as most of the places are ending up. I grew up down that way and remember the General Store well.....Oh the good ole days....:coffee:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
That is my dad's store, or at least the old General Store was run by him. He still owns the property though. I believe new tenants are coming in and I've heard good things about what they plan to do with the place. I hope it works out, especially for the people that live down that way. It is nice having a store close by for convenience. My father put decades of blood, sweat, and tears into that place but let it go when it became too much of a burden. I have alot of good memories of the place and the customers.

:howdy:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
just hope who takes over either store is a good ole american not a rag head as most of the places are ending up. I grew up down that way and remember the General Store well..... Me and Moses used to grab a sandwich there about once a week.....Oh the good ole days....:coffee:

:fixed:

Toxick

Splat
It appears there was some activity there the past week end. I saw people cleaning up outside and working inside.

Does anyone know anything about what may be happening there?

Oh GOD I hope they put something - ANYTHING - in there. Especially something that sells food (preferably including hot food) and drinks.

Of course, my luck it's going to end up being something like a goddam paint store or boat supplies or a tackleshop.

Toxick

Splat
just hope who takes over either store is a good ole american not a rag head as most of the places are ending up.

I don't care if it's a wild-eyed nutjob with 1000 lbs of T N T strapped to his chest and doesn't understand a word of English. I'd still go in there to get a quick lunch or grab a bag of chips for my ride home.

Anything is better than nothing down in this god-forsaken wasteland.

sockgirl77

I don't care if it's a wild-eyed nutjob with 1000 lbs of T N T strapped to his chest and doesn't understand a word of English. I'd still go in there to get a quick lunch or grab a bag of chips for my ride home.

Anything is better than nothing down in this god-forsaken wasteland.

Doesn't Monk's still serve food? I was there around lunchtime a month ago and they did. Different owner but same cook. :yum:(the food, not the cook)