I am NOT washing clean clothes!!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
My teenage girl can not get it:drama:. I am not washing her clothes until they show a sign of being dirty...I dont care if she wore them 3 times. If they aint dirty / I aint washin them!!

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

My teenage girl can not get it:drama:. I am not washing her clothes until they show a sign of being dirty...I dont care if she wore them 3 times. If they aint dirty / I aint washin them!!

that is disgusting and she should be to the point of washing her own clothes if you are going to act like that. so you're saying that if she was wearing a white shirt that got boy juice all over it but...alas, it just happened to still be white...you wouldn't wash it?

FemmePrincess

If I waited to wash my teenager's clothes til they had been worn 3times....
the clothes themselves could walk to the washer!!! GROSS!!!!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
:roflmao: I feel for ya. Mine have a tendency to throw clean clothes on the floor when looking for that "must find" shirt, then instead of putting them away they stay on the floor. Then they get walked on or the dog snuggles on them on something. Next thing I know its in the laundry and I'm going "When is the last time you wore this??????"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I do it...

...all the time, washing clean cloths. I throw suff in there and forget about it. They sit, get stinky and wash 'em again. Teen girl never washes anything; she just wears new.

Come to think of it, there's a load in there right now...I think?

:jameo:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus

case by cases basis.. a lot of shirts can lose their shape after one wearing.. Maybe she was sweaty...

Better yet, SHE needs to do her OWN laundry mom.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Oil from your skin, deodorant residue, and dead skin cells can dirty up your clothes just as much as , uh, dirt.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
...all the time, washing clean cloths. I throw suff in there and forget about it. They sit, get stinky and wash 'em again. Teen girl never washes anything; she just wears new.

Come to think of it, there's a load in there right now...I think?

:jameo:

We are talking about clothes, not stinky cloths.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
If I waited to wash my teenager's clothes til they had been worn 3times....
the clothes themselves could walk to the washer!!! GROSS!!!!

I dont know about your girl but mine changes her outfit a couple of time a day. Depending on what she is doing morning, noon and night. Sorry, wont wash it till it is dirty.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I dont know about your girl but mine changes her outfit a couple of time a day. Depending on what she is doing morning, noon and night. Sorry, wont wash it till it is dirty.

but what constitutes dirty to you?

I'll wear an article of clothing a couple of times, pants maybe 3 times max depending on how long I wore them, but if I know I have been somewhere that is germy (like the doctor's office) or something...those clothes are getting washed. I also refuse to put on any clothes like this after I get a shower because that defeats the purpose of getting a shower if you're going to put on dirty clothes :lmao:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
but what constitutes dirty to you?

I'll wear an article of clothing a couple of times, pants maybe 3 times max depending on how long I wore them, but if I know I have been somewhere that is germy (like the doctor's office) or something...those clothes are getting washed. I also refuse to put on any clothes like this after I get a shower because that defeats the purpose of getting a shower if you're going to put on dirty clothes :lmao:
very good choice of words.

Pandora

I taught #1 son to use the washer and dryer and now he is responsible for his own laundry. It really reduced my laundry loads, and he already had to shovel out of the dirty clothes because he didn't wash.

That will learn 'em. :yay:

vbailey

vbailey
my daughter's had to do their own laundry when they were teens. I told them to get their laundry done when they got home from school because when I got home from work the washer was mine. And during the summer months they needed to have at least a part time job of some kind because they were not going to sit around my house all day/all summer watching TV eating my food while I had to go to work all day. During the school year I did not want them working because of school work etc, but they sometimes would work a day or too over the holidays. They really enjoyed having money of their own.

FemmePrincess

my daughter's had to do their own laundry when they were teens. I told them to get their laundry done when they got home from school because when I got home from work the washer was mine. And during the summer months they needed to have at least a part time job of some kind because they were not going to sit around my house all day?all summer watching TV eating my food while I had to go to work all day. During the school year I did not want them working because of school work etc, but they sometimes would work a day or too over the holidays. They really enjoyed having money of their own.

Great idea!! I totally agree. Children need clean clothes one way or another.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
my daughter's had to do their own laundry when they were teens. I told them to get their laundry done when they got home from school because when I got home from work the washer was mine. And during the summer months they needed to have at least a part time job of some kind because they were not going to sit around my house all day/all summer watching TV eating my food while I had to go to work all day. During the school year I did not want them working because of school work etc, but they sometimes would work a day or too over the holidays. They really enjoyed having money of their own.
You are right Vbailey, my daughter should do her own laundry...I bet there would be much less dirty clothes coming form her room then. And she does work in the summer months also.

CMC122

Go Braves!
My teenage daughter has been washing her own clothes for years! She still complains to me how her friends parents wash, dry, fold and put away their laundry, but she still does her own:biggrin: