what do you know about Hickory Hill

kelb

art imitating life
Im thinking about buying a condo in the Hickory Hill subdivision. Is it safe for a single woman?

J

jaybeeztoo

Im thinking about buying a condo in the Hickory Hill subdivision. Is it safe for a single woman?

I know it is a gated community and many of the buildings condos are owned by single women. I would say it's safe.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I know it is a gated community and many of the buildings condos are owned by single women. I would say it's safe.

It's set up to be gated, although the gates have been inoperative for like two years now. There have been a number of minor vandalism issues, as well as a huge problem with people from the surrounding Hickory Hills divisions (who live in the homes, not the condos) dumping their garbage, lawn waste, pets, etc. in the condo funded dumpsters.

My mother lives there and says dealing with the property management has been one nightmare after the next. Also, the HOA fees are a few hundred per month. They're also in the process of putting a major road through from Wal-Mart to Chancellor's, so traffic is about to get worse, and property values are going to go down as a result.

All that said, the condos are pretty nice, and most of the people who actually live there are quiet and respectful. It's mostly single professionals, with a few younger couples thrown into the mix.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Also, the HOA fees are a few hundred per month.
A bit exagerated. They have to pay for the HOA which is about $55 per month plus the Condo fee which is between $150 -200 per month. The later covers the common areas of the biuldings such as the parking garages and elevaters, plus insurance so it's not as bad as originally stated.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I understand FDR Blvd is supposed to run down the main drag of Hickory Hills. Of course who knows when that's going to happen.
This is going to happen. What is now Amber Drive is going to become FDR Blvd.

mdgirlie

Back when I was looking my realtor said that it wasn't built up to par. They said that it was built entirely too fast. I liked the C units when I looked at it, but didn't like the other units. I bought a townhouse instead.

Hang out there a bit. Go park you car and sit in the evening and see if anything is going on you don't like. Get out and talk to some people who live there.

SIGH!!
Is no where safe anymore.... really?

I wasn't being that serious... but I just wouldn't be surprised if you parked there to observe and someone called in a complaint. That would happen just about anywhere around here, not just Hickory Hills. I know if a strange car parked in front of my house i would be concerned....

rack'm

Jaded

It's not too bad, call the police and ask them about crime in the area..

I'll throw out there that you're a hottie, that should get your PM box filled up. :lol:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
A bit exagerated. They have to pay for the HOA which is about $55 per month plus the Condo fee which is between $150 -200 per month. The later covers the common areas of the biuldings such as the parking garages and elevaters, plus insurance so it's not as bad as originally stated.

Wow still adds up to about $2,200 per year for a condo HOA verse our homeowner HOA which is only $120 per year and collected in two payments 6 months apart...

Hope it's a roomy, well maintained condo...:coffee:

I wasn't being that serious... but I just wouldn't be surprised if you parked there to observe and someone called in a complaint. That would happen just about anywhere around here, not just Hickory Hills. I know if a strange car parked in front of my house i would be concerned....

I've heard plenty of calls on the scanner about that. Well, not your house...

:lmao:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I've been in one of the two bd/bath condos and it was very nice. Pretty quiet there and the person who lived there didn't have any problems whatsoever.