Stop Loss

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I don't see anything wrong, it's just a movie. If it were trying to be a documentary or something like Moore does, then yeah, but this is just as benign as the DaVinci Code was.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I don't see anything wrong, it's just a movie. If it were trying to be a documentary or something like Moore does, then yeah, but this is just as benign as the DaVinci Code was.

We are still in the ME. This is trying to say the military lies and goes back on contracts.

Stop Losses are part of the contracts, and like it or not part of the commitment.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
We are still in the ME. This is trying to say the military lies and goes back on contracts.

Stop Losses are part of the contracts, and like it or not part of the commitment.

But it's just a movie. If it billed itself as anything other than fiction, then sure, but it doesn't.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And notice they give Ryan Phillippe a redneck sod-buster accent, because of course all soldiers are a bunch of hicks from some dirt farm. :rolleyes:

This is where liberals get their weird worldview from - movies like this.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I do like the song in the ad, but I prefer it in this great old video clip from 2001 a lot more.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1q4IUhWTlis&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1q4IUhWTlis&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Grouchy Media has a bunch if you like this sort of thing.

Update: Why can't I embed a YouTube clip all of a sudden? Anyway here is the link to that Video.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Really all I needed to see was "An MTV Films" and from the producers of "Boy's Don't Cry" and I knew it would suck!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The last good war movies were Longest Day, Midway and Tora Tora Tora.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
And notice they give Ryan Phillippe a redneck sod-buster accent, because of course all soldiers are a bunch of hicks from some dirt farm. :rolleyes:

This is where liberals get their weird worldview from - movies like this.

No, it's because his character is from Texas and for some reason everyone in the country thinks we all talk like that.

starsmom

I understand that but, how long can a country survive that venerates its cowards and denigrates its heros?

Let's see...how long can a country survive that venerates it's cowards - Columbus,Confederate soldiers..and denigrates it's heroes,blacks for many years..I dunno. How long has the US survived like this?

CraneTaker77

Actually...

...I went all the way up to Bowie last night to see this flick. I read all the reviews on it, and alot of people reviewed it badly, especially service members. I can see why they would because yes, it does somewhat portray the wrong vision for the person watching it. But all together I thought it was a decent movie, one, that I will be buying when it comes out on DVD. The plot was good, and showed what alot of these guys coming back from Iraq and other places go through after a tour of service. The flashbacks, and imaging things. It really does portray Post Traumatic Stress. As far as the stop-loss claus, I'm not to knowlegable(sp) about that. I'm book worm and history buff, and had actually not known or heard of it until this movie. It's an unfortunate thing that these guys think they are done doing they're service and thrown back into the fighting. But....they knew what they were signing up for when they joined.