Cable Tv/ Modem in Wildewood

newintown

Good morning.
We are relocating in Wildewood in the fall. How is cable tv (not digital) in that region? Is there more than one provider to choose? Is Comcast in that area yet?
How about high speed internet? We get Comcast for both cable and internet and we are very happy with it. Just curious to see if it's available in Wildewood.
Thank you for your help
Marie

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
Dang, Kyle! Wouldn't it have been easier just to answer the question?

:lol:
Probably. :lol: But I just hate to get myself worked up, right before lunch, with another I hate the Cable company thread. :lol:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Does Wildewood have DSL service? If so, I'd go DirecTV and DSL.

I have Cable Modem and DirecTV which translates to big bucks monthly. But, that cable modem has only let me down one time when I wanted to use it and something unknown knocked out the service. So, even though you'll get a lot of Cable Company flamers on here, I love my cable modem!

pilot

Many people complain about the cable reception in St. Mary's County. However, I live in Wildewood and it has never been a problem. One more reason why Wildewood is a good location.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Not to start down this road again today but all day yesterday the cable was on-again/off-again. Its chronic. :mad:

But since they now have a new franchise license it will continue I'm sure.

If I could do it I'd have a 85' tower with a Direct TV dish on top of it to get the signal but I'm stuck with an antenna and regular TV or cable. :mad:

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Wildewood folks are stuck with regular cable or digital cable, I believe, because there are codes that say no satellite dishes or obstructions on the property. I know that's true in the condo section and I think the townhouse section. Not sure about the private homes. I very, very seldom have trouble with cable reception. I get the occasional one bad channel or weak signal message (channel 5 mostly) and maybe it goes out during a heavy rain. But I have no real trouble otherwise.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by tipsy mcgee
Wildewood folks are stuck with regular cable or digital cable, I believe, because there are codes that say no satellite dishes or obstructions on the property. I know that's true in the condo section and I think the townhouse section. Not sure about the private homes. I very, very seldom have trouble with cable reception. I get the occasional one bad channel or weak signal message (channel 5 mostly) and maybe it goes out during a heavy rain. But I have no real trouble otherwise.

Actually, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 prevents HOA/CCR's from restricting dishes below 30 inches in diameter. As a result, I know folks with DirecTV or Dish in the Wildewood townhomes.

My HOA restricted Satellite dishes, but when the CCR's were written in 1991, DBS dishes didn't exist. I put my DirecTV dish up about an hour after I went to settlement in June of 1995. I left the attorney's office to meet the installer! (Having dealt with the Telecommunications Act, I knew that small dishes would be protected.) My installation became the model for the neighborhood CCR revision.

Kyle's house must be buried by trees. Don't know if he lives in Wildewood or not, but a lot of folks there will definitely have tree interference. Trees can stop DBS, but CCR's and HOA's can't!

pilot

When we first moved into Wildewood, we were told that satellite dishes were technically not allowed, but that the rules were written up before they had the newer, smaller variety, and that nobody enforced the rules.

I think how strictly such rules in general are enforced depends on which section of Wildewood you live in (I'm told Phase I is the most laid-back, Phase III is the most uptight). I don't know about the condos and townhomes, although my experience has been that these tend to be the most strict about enforcing rules--no matter where you live.

Oz is correct. The HOA cannot stop you from installing the small dishes. They CAN regulate placement as long as you can still get a signal, but they cannot say you cannot have one. I know a person in Mont. Co. that has one in the living room of his apt. pointing out the window.