WaWa on Great Mills Road...

sockgirl77

I have noticed lately that there is a new trend going on of people leaving their kids in the car unattended. For the past month it has been almost a daily occurance. Well, today I saw a lazy ass leave his infant in the car so he could go in to get a pack of smokes. So, to the dude in the black Camry that left his infant in the car to go inside to get his Newport 100's: :smack:

I think that cops should patrol this place from 7am-8am every morning to get their lazy sack of crap quota for the year. :yay:

Cowgirl

I went to a WaWa last night, and as I passed these two young girls (well, probably 17-18ish), I heard one exclaim, "I'm too pretty to work at Wawa." :drama:

I heard myself let out a ":pete:" . She got kinda quiet after that. :roflmao:

T

toppick08

I went to a WaWa last night, and as I passed these two young girls (well, probably 17-18ish), I heard one exclaim, "I'm too pretty to work at Wawa." :drama:

:killingme

nobody really

I need a nap

jeez, pretty dumb crap comes from kids.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have noticed lately that there is a new trend going on of people leaving their kids in the car unattended. Well, today I saw a lazy ass leave his infant in the car so he could go in to get a pack of smokes.

Did he lock his vehicle or just leave the car running?

jetmonkey

I thought you were gonna call me if you ever came back :mad:

edit - if I had known this was post 2000 I would have come up with something better.

sockgirl77

open the door and hit the lock button, then call the cops

I am actually thinking of calling the Sheriff's Office and alerting them of this. I've seen it too much lately. Do these people not think that people will steal their car with the kid in it? There was a woman last week that was making her coffee and in the cashier line next to me. She was kidless while in WaWa. I then noticed her get into her car and saw 2 kids, one was about 4 and the other about 6. It peaved me all day.

sockgirl77

WaWa on Great Mills... 01-07-2008 08:46 AM how do you know he didn't have it locked too?
I do not know if he had it locked. What does that matter? He still left his baby in the car.

sockgirl77

The only problem I would see is if there is an actual law against it. Then I take back my thoughts. I respect the law. :flowers:

I'm going to Google it now but I would assume that it is against the law to leave a child unattended in the car.

Oh and your back is turn to the parking lot while you are making coffee and at the cash register.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I honestly don't see anything wrong with him leaving the baby in the car being as though it was probably 3-5mins at most.

It only takes a second for someone to take advantage of the situation. If the vehicle was not locked, anyone could have easily opened the car door, jumped in and drove away. How would the parent stop it from inside the building?

I honestly don't see anything wrong with him leaving the baby in the car being as though it was probably 3-5mins at most. I mean if he went in made coffee and ordered a breakfast sandwich then yeah, we got a problem.

Also, children 4-6yrs old can be left in the car unattended for the same amount of time as long as the safety locks are all in place and you don't leave the car running. If these parents parked outside the store with full visual view of the car and kid(s) then what's the problem?

The only problem I would see is if there is an actual law against it. Then I take back my thoughts. I respect the law. :flowers:

There IS a law against it. And don't complain when someone steals your car and the kids happen to be in the back seat.

sockgirl77

It only takes a second for someone to take advantage of the situation. If the vehicle was not locked, anyone could have easily opened the car door, jumped in and drove away. How would the parent stop it from inside the building?

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.