passports

kmw1123

does anyone know the total cost of getting a passport done at a post office where you can get your picture taken there as well?

kmw1123

i knew it cost 97 dollars for the passport itself, but i did not know how much it cost for them to take the picture at the post office.

I may have got it earlier than 45 days.Memory fails me but I went to the post office and they did the rest.Showed them my DL,birth cert and SS card.They did the photo when I applied.

Thor

How long ago was that? Passports take forever now since you need one to get into the US from Mexico and Canda...unless you're an illegal :wink:

We applied for ours (three of them) at the beginning of December and got them three weeks later. Plus you can track the status on line now.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I couldn't believe how quick and painless the whole passport process was. Really and truly, it was Easy Peasy. Fill out the forms, pay the price, and two weeks later we had our passports - and we didn't use the express option.

LateApex

Mine took 2 days.

My fiance and I went on a family vacation - unexpectedly - so we needed our passports in a hurry.

I called the state's representatives office and spoke to one of the girls there and explained the situation. I was very courteous during the call and was asking for help - not demanding it.

Next thing I know I get a call from the passport offices in DC and was told I could go up there and pick up my passports..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Last time I check, it's $60 for the passport, unless you want express service which is about $25 more. Get your picture taken at CVS for $6.99.

$60 for the passport than the post office charges a $37 processing fee (they aren't a passport center after all, they are the post office)