New to the area?

ccc

Anyone new to the area? It's hard to be in a new place...away from family and friends. Anyone interested in getting together to meet new friends? Couples would be great. Couples with kids are great too. Maybe a monthly barbeque? Game night? Appetizers and drinks?

If you're new to the area and looking to meet new friends respond..who knows...maybe we can start a new club!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
What's wrong with the old one? :bawl: Nobody discriminates against me for not being married or having kids either... *sniff*

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by ccc

If you're new to the area and looking to meet new friends respond..who knows...maybe we can start a new club!
Does this exclude us folks who aren't new to the area?

ccc

sorry...I didn't mean to offend...

lol...ok...3 responses and I think I'm ready to retract my post...this is a tough crowd...I'm new in town....go easy on me will you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ccc, forum members get together all the time. Just put up a post and say, "Hey, who wants to meet for a drink?" Lots of couples and singles on here.

:howdy:, by the way!

Kirsten

:howdy: ccc I will be moving down to the area soon, my husband has made an offer on a house in Bushwood. We have three kids and if we get this house we will have a huge lot of land that I would be more than happy to do maybe a bbq or something. It would be nice to meet the people down there and maybe a few of them wouldn't think I am so awful for some of my beliefs. Anyhow not sure hubby and I can get out for an evening but would give it a shot. It is hard to find a babysitter in a new town and one who is willing to babysit 2 year old twins, for some reason the whole twin thing just scares them. Will be on the lookout for get togethers when I move down there, should be by the end of August.

Kirsten

Cariblue what I mean is http and I have pretty much gotten off on the wrong foot. I am not fond of the idea of an HOA, though will be living in one (very relaxed one it would appear) now if we get this house. What I didn't realize is that the more relaxed ones are like the town and county governments up here. My dad and I had a long talk about the differences and similarities. From what I understand the covenant of an HOA is basically a list of the bylaws and would be the zoning and bylaws of the town and county up here. I have heard a few horror stories about HOA's and those are the only knowledge of them I have, some from one of the realtors I initially talked with. Any how, not to get into again because I am sure http will blast me for bringing it up at all, he and I don't agree on it and keep going round and round and basically that is the gist of it. I am really not all that bad and most people find me very supportive and intelligent and fun.

Kirsten

Thank you cariblue, and I really do look forward to meeting people. Would love to get tips on babysitters, will need one every now and then.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Kirsten

Originally posted by cariblue
Don't worry about http. Nobody else does.
:yeahthat: :lol:

You and ccc have nothing to worry about. You'll meet some great people when you get here.
:yeahthat: Too!

If you're interested you can contact:
Southern Maryland Mothers of Multiples
Meetings are held the second Saturday of each month at 9:30 am. Location alternates monthly.
Marilouse Tozier
verylittlebrain@hotmail.com

Also...
Hi ccc :howdy: and welcome to the Hotel California!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Welcome Kirsten and ccc! :howdy:

Kirsten - where in Massachusetts are you coming from? I used to live near Worcester.