Joe Gibbs Retires

latinamomma

Transam's wife
I feel for all you Redskins fans, I really do....but I am a Tony fan and am glad that he can now focus on NASCAR!!!! :yahoo:

Ponytail

Well - Coack Joe pulls the plug...

Gibbs to Retire

:howdy: Gonna miss him...

:lol: I see that you have mispelled a word... though I'm unsure as to the original target. Was that Quack? Or coach. :lol:

Over due for a retirement. His return was fed by false hopes that the game and the league hadn't changed since he first left. He surely lost more of his "game" than most coaches will ever gain. But the biggest factor in what he lost, was time management.

See you at the race track Joe.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
yes that he didnt fullfill what he said he would..yes i am

I am too. Yesterday, Kevin Sheehan and Joe Jacoby said there was no way he would bail out on his contract. They also discussed, though, that there could be extenuating circumstances that could play into his decision to return. I'm betting his grandson's illness and his own illness play into it. I think the death of Sean Taylor really made him visit his priorities in life.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I feel for all you Redskins fans, I really do....but I am a Tony fan and am glad that he can now focus on NASCAR!!!! :yahoo:

:roflmao: you really think Joe has anything to do with the NASCAR team except collect a check :roflmao:

His son has been running the operation, and will continue to do so :yay:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
As for this "retirement", its really not that big of a surprise if you listen to the press conferences, in Monday's, he really sounded like he was going to put a lot more thought into coming back than he has here recently, and when he talked about going home early for once to see the grandkids, its not surprising at all.

On top of that, you have what, 25 out of 32 teams looking for a head coach this off season (I know thats not correct, just saying it seems like everyone needs one this year :lol), with Gregg Williams having another good defensive year, chances are, he was going to get phone calls come Monday morning or by the end of this week. So maybe Joe is doing something for that nature :shrug: hard to say...

But in my opinion, I don't think this is that surprising...

latinamomma

Transam's wife
:roflmao: you really think Joe has anything to do with the NASCAR team except collect a check :roflmao:

His son has been running the operation, and will continue to do so :yay:

YOU DO KNOW that when Tony and Denny weren't "playing nice" that Joe Gibbs, NOT HIS SON, had a nice little sit down talk with them two right? So, yes, Joe is active in the sport....when he became coach of the Redskins again, his son took over camp.

Nanny Pam

Well, I'm an Eagles fan, but I love & admire Joe Gibbs! I think he is one hell of a man.

I agree that his coaching days are over, but as a good human being, it would be tough to find anyone better.

"Let's go racin, boyz...."

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
YOU DO KNOW that when Tony and Denny weren't "playing nice" that Joe Gibbs, NOT HIS SON, had a nice little sit down talk with them two right? So, yes, Joe is active in the sport....when he became coach of the Redskins again, his son took over camp.

Isn't that what an "owner" does...

Joe set things up for his son, he's just the big name on the sponsor ship...