Radio Shack

thurley42

HY;FR
I just called the Radio Shack in St. Mary's Square to ask if they had small set screws for electronic components. The vegetable that answered the phone mummered, "uhhhhh, no?" and hung up....

Unbelievable, it is just another example of how the service industry around here acts as if they are doing you a favor for taking your money....

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Call back and ask to speak w/a manager. Explain your phone call and ask again if they have what you need. Maybe the "vegetable" will get a lesson in phone manners.

thurley42

HY;FR
Call back and ask to speak w/a manager. Explain your phone call and ask again if they have what you need. Maybe the "vegetable" will get a lesson in phone manners.

I'm at work so i don't want to fight on the phone, I intend to go in there this evening after the gym.

thurley42

HY;FR

Thanks, I dropped a set screw out of my home theatre wall plate and Best Buy stopped carrying them. They don't sell them online, and I can't find them anywhere. I went to Lowe's and all of their screws are too large. I really don't know the size of it, and I don't have the necessary tool to measure it. Hopefully they have a bag of various sizes.

Thanks, I dropped a set screw out of my home theatre wall plate and Best Buy stopped carrying them. They don't sell them online, and I can't find them anywhere. I went to Lowe's and all of their screws are too large. I really don't know the size of it, and I don't have the necessary tool to measure it. Hopefully they have a bag of various sizes.

Just a plain set screw with an allen head? Hardware store.... Ace, Dysons or Sneads.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
I just called the Radio Shack in St. Mary's Square to ask if they had small set screws for electronic components. The vegetable that answered the phone mummered, "uhhhhh, no?" and hung up....

Unbelievable, it is just another example of how the service industry around here acts as if they are doing you a favor for taking your money....

Go in and ask for Rick or Jan. Rick is the manager and Jan's been there for 30 yrs.

Both of them worked for my Dad and I when we owned it.

red_explorer

Very nice

Go in and ask for Rick or Jan. Rick is the manager and Jan's been there for 30 yrs.

Both of them worked for my Dad and I when we owned it.

Rick was so nice. I was in before Thanksgiving after being fed up with Staples and Best Buy trying to buy a laptop. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

I have already recommended them many times.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm at work so i don't want to fight on the phone, I intend to go in there this evening after the gym.
Why would you fight w/the manager? If it were me, I'd simply explain the situation and ask the manager if they had the stuff I needed. Easy and simple and you won't sound like a nut on the phone. :lol:

thurley42

HY;FR
Why would you fight w/the manager? If it were me, I'd simply explain the situation and ask the manager if they had the stuff I needed. Easy and simple and you won't sound like a nut on the phone. :lol:

True, but IMO it is a quickly growing trend around here that most places you go the customer service has become non-existent...I don't know if that's because business have only a limited workpool to choose from or what. You are right, there is no use fighting, but it would be nice if it could be prevented from happening to someone else.

I don't know about you, but I'm not big on being hung up on....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Rick was so nice. I was in before Thanksgiving after being fed up with Staples and Best Buy trying to buy a laptop. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

I have already recommended them many times.

You should have asked for Brian at Staples.. he's highly intelligent, and knows his computer stuff, very personable.

I highly recommend him.

red_explorer

Staples :-(

You should have asked for Brian at Staples.. he's highly intelligent, and knows his computer stuff, very personable.

I highly recommend him.

I had the store manager helping, don't remember his name, but he seemed to know nothing.

limblips

PREMO Member
I had the store manager helping, don't remember his name, but he seemed to know nothing.

Doug's Hobby Shop. We use them with all kinds of RC planes and stuff. Also in the hardware store you will usually find them in special fastener area in small drawers.

dave1959

[

Unbelievable, it is just another example of how the service industry around here acts as if they are doing you a favor for taking your money....[/QUOTE]

It's not just "HERE" it everywhere.....even your old home town...