Snow driving in southern maryland?

ajdaddi

Hi Everyone!! I'm relocating to the area and another member suggested starting this thread. This will be the first time I've really been in snow much less driven in it. I know I probably should buy so snow tires. Any other advice?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hi Everyone!! I'm relocating to the area and another member suggested starting this thread. This will be the first time I've really been in snow much less driven in it. I know I probably should buy so snow tires. Any other advice?

What kid of car?

If Front Wheel Drive, I would think Snow tires are a waste of money.

People that have had Rear Wheel Drive do have issues... but generally speaking when the blizzards come, SOuthern MD shuts down so you won't NEED to drive in the snow.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
This should generate a lot of helpful responses. We are a very caring community down here.:howdy:

Geek

Who was the member? I have some karma for them.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

Some years it doesn't smow(proper forum word usage). No smow tires are needed. Go to BSGal's to borrow toilet paper :yay:

backagain39

STAY HOME!!!!!

Lately we get more ice than snow. I can remember major snow storms in 79, 82, 86, and a couple in the 90s and one or two about 4 years ago.

The roads are a mess, accidents everywhere and all the stores sell out of food!!!!

T

toppick08

It's usally complete mayhem............:lmao:

SShewbert

What love is all about
STAY HOME!!!!!

Lately we get more ice than snow. I can remember major snow storms in 79, 82, 86, and a couple in the 90s and one or two about 4 years ago.

The roads are a mess, accidents everywhere and all the stores sell out of food!!!!

Yea the last one I remember was the beginning of 2003. The only reason I recall this is because I got married that year. Granted I moved to Missouri in 2003 I have family here and they never said anything about smow after that. There has been a lot of ice though.

I agree with the above stay home. For the most part people around here don't know how to drive in smow. I think this is due in part to them being from other states.

nobody really

I need a nap

stay home

LordStanley

I know nothing
People around here cant drive in the rain to being with... Its even worse with the snow.

My advice. Unless you have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, go to the store before it snows, by all the bread-milk-toiletpaper you can get your hands on. dont forget to stock up on 10 ounce coors lights and pork rinds.

Then stay home and watch all the mayhem and accidents ensue.

T

toppick08

Yea the last one I remember was the beginning of 2003. The only reason I recall this is because I got married that year. Granted I moved to Missouri in 2003 I have family here and they never said anything about smow after that. There has been a lot of ice though.

I agree with the above stay home. For the most part people around here don't know how to drive in smow. I think this is due in part to them being from other states.

Not really, us locals have always freaked out in smow............:howdy:

Kittykat33

Why me??
STAY HOME!!!!!

Don't forget they run out of Toilet paper too!!!:killingme

W

WhoCares

You will not need snow tires here.

Most of the time when it snow/ice here the county shuts down.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

2003 there was a LOT of Snow in DC.. drove through it to get back and forth from home in PA, but here in SoMD we barely had a dusting. MAYBE 2 inches or so. That was the worst snow in my five years here.

SShewbert

What love is all about
2003 there was a LOT of Snow in DC.. drove through it to get back and forth from home in PA, but here in SoMD we barely had a dusting. MAYBE 2 inches or so. That was the worst snow in my five years here.

Well yea we didn't have much. My husband though was in Aberdeen at the time. He was having to try to travel through that to get here. It sucked when they closed down I-95.