St Marys County Citizens are unprotected

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
I was listening to the scanner today at SMH while waiting on a Dr and it seems as if the county had no Advance Life Support Unit. WITF is going on the county need to pay PG County for fill in's until whe can hire some contract medics this is very bad for our citizens. What are our elected officals doing?

OldHillcrestGuy

I was listening to the scanner today at SMH while waiting on a Dr and it seems as if the county had no Advance Life Support Unit. WITF is going on the county need to pay PG County for fill in's until whe can hire some contract medics this is very bad for our citizens. What are our elected officals doing?

This is a everyday occurance, no ALS in service.

LateApex

I don't get it...

But, is listening to scanners the thing to do it St Mary's County?

I never understood that...

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
I don't get it...

But, is listening to scanners the thing to do it St Mary's County?

I never understood that...

I guess you will get it if one of your love ones have a heart attack or major truma and no one shows up to revive them. :otter:

T

toppick08

But, why?

What is the fascination with them?

Because before pagers and cell phones, that's how the word got out to the volunteers..plus the siren..........Just part of our local cuture......:howdy:

LateApex

I guess you will get it if one of your love ones have a heart attack or major truma and no one shows up to revive them. :otter:

Okay.. Understood.. Didn't think about that angle.

And for what it's worth - I'm an ex corpsman - ALS training - special operations technician training in combat medicine.

I wouldn't have the necessary tools - like defib etc, but I'd make do if need be.

In all honesty I don't trust the volunteer squads because I'm not sure what kind of training they received...

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
Okay.. Understood.. Didn't think about that angle.

And for what it's worth - I'm an ex corpsman - ALS training - special operations technician training in combat medicine.

I wouldn't have the necessary tools - like defib etc, but I'd make do if need be.

In all honesty I don't trust the volunteer squads because I'm not sure what kind of training they received...

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt the state of Maryland require all ALS and BLS providers ( regardless of being paid or volunteer) to have the same training??

T

toppick08

You mean when all these people leave their jobs at our local Navy base that pumps bazillions of dollars into the local economy, and arrive home at their $500,000 McMansions with 5 bedrooms, that if they have a heart attack there's no one to call or to help them?

:yikes:

Say it isn't so...

:jameo:

Yes......They even respond to people who rent......:smack:

LateApex

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt the state of Maryland require all ALS and BLS providers ( regardless of being paid or volunteer) to have the same training??

I'm just not sure how many of the volunteer people have ALS training.

BLS anyone can complete in a week.

ALS is more extensive and takes a higher level of commitment.

That is why Charles County went with paid during working hours (and full-time at other stations). The populations has surpased the capabilities of the Volunteer services. It use to be a call during the daytime was rare, outside of Waldorf... now it is 4x the calls and a lot of scratching was done and responce times were low during working hours in other communities so something had to be done.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
But, why?

What is the fascination with them?

So you know what is going on. Many times I have heard of an accident over the scanner and decided to either wait to go where I was going to go or take a different route.