Brown Road, Hollywood Md

gingerbreadgurl

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a way I can research the history of the land along this road. I tried to contact the St. Mary's County Historical Society, however they are closed until January 28th. Thanks in advance!

vbailey

vbailey
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a way I can research the history of the land along this road. I tried to contact the St. Mary's County Historical Society, however they are closed until January 28th. Thanks in advance!

what is it you want to know about the Land? Like who owns it, or who has owned it in the past, sub divisions etc? I know who could do that for you.

gingerbreadgurl

what is it you want to know about the Land? Like who owns it, or who has owned it in the past, sub divisions etc? I know who could do that for you.

Yes. Historically. I went on the Md Tax Assessment page, but of course, it just lists the developer owns the land. Any help would be appreciated.

5857dave

Yes. Historically. I went on the Md Tax Assessment page, but of course, it just lists the developer owns the land. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're willing to pay, a Title Abstracting business can do a run-down for you. Don't know how much property you're talking about so I can't give you a cost.

BlueOx77

I can tell you that back in 1983, Brown Road was called Norris Road. And around 1900, there was a large farm at the north end of Brown Road called Hickory Hills. Which parcel are you interested in?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I can tell you that back in 1983, Brown Road was called Norris Road. And around 1900, there was a large farm at the north end of Brown Road called Hickory Hills. Which parcel are you interested in?

That is where my house is now right?

gingerbreadgurl

I am interested in the new subdivision Forrest Farm. Maybe it was just woods, I dont know, just curious.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?

I think Brown Rd. was named after a little girl named Chelly or something like that....She is still in that area but her last name has changed...:coffee: