Question about sausage.

daddakamabb

Daddakamabb
Hello. My husband and I are both from St. Mary's county and we are currently stationed overseas. We both wanted to know if there was anyway we could get a recipe for Mattingly's country sausage. We heard they went out of business, and it's a shame because we absolutely loved their sausage. If there is anyway we could get it, it would be very helpful (or at least something close to it). Oh yeah :yum: the spicier the better!

smoothmarine187

Hello. My husband and I are both from St. Mary's county and we are currently stationed overseas. We both wanted to know if there was anyway we could get a recipe for Mattingly's country sausage. We heard they went out of business, and it's a shame because we absolutely loved their sausage. If there is anyway we could get it, it would be very helpful (or at least something close to it). Oh yeah :yum: the spicier the better!

Send a PM to mainman, he has been using that recipe for years and everyone raves about how great his sausage is.

daddakamabb

Daddakamabb
Well what we call a English muffin... they call a crumpet. French fries= chips, Potato chips= crisps, trunk of the car is called a boot, and the hood is called a bonnet... the list of weird things can go on for pages... the one that I cannot get over no matter how hard I try is they call a flash light a torch... a torch?! I mean it's not the middle ages anymore.

Vince

Well what we call a English muffin... they call a crumpet. French fries= chips, Potato chips= crisps, trunk of the car is called a boot, and the hood is called a bonnet... the list of weird things can go on for pages... the one that I cannot get over no matter how hard I try is they call a flash light a torch... a torch?! I mean it's not the middle ages anymore.
I love fish and chips. There was this little place in Cambridge right down the street from the hotel we used to stay, and the fish and chips were great. :yum:

Flaming Nora! I do not believe any of it! :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

They play a game flaming tabloid rectum over there. Or at least the Brit I know did.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

I lived in Feltwell village for 4 years while I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath, are you there? I miss my local pub, The Checkers, and playing darts with the locals. I can see why you want a spicy sausage recipe, their sausages (newmarket sauages?) are usually bland, grey, and tasteless. I always wished you could get one of their rather yummy sausage rolls with a spicy blend.

Oh, and about language differences, don't ever say "fanny" they think your talking about your crotch not your rear. And don't talk about your new "pants" or they think your talking about your underwear. Don't ask for a napkin! They think you want a maxi pad. I had a lot of Brit friends, they were always poking fun at me for some embarassing mistake.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I'll see if I can find a recipe for it in one of the local cookbooks I have at home or something very similar. I thought you and others might like to read this article about the closing of Mattingly's:

End of an Era at Mattingly's

Another local icon gone. *sigh*

Mikeinsmd

They smoke fags over there too.