Mva

AndyMarquisLIVE

So I got a letter late last month telling me they had no verification that I had insurance, which is :bs: because I do. The letter says I have one month to have a letter sent to them explaining that I do. So I call State Farm and they faxed them a letter.

Now, I get a letter from the MVA saying I have been fined $150 because I don't have insurance, which now they know I do.

That one month wasn't one month from when I got the letter, it was one month from when they typed the letter. They didn't send me the fricken' thing until TWO AND A HALF WEEKS after they printed it.

I had according to the other letter until the 7th to send them verification, which I did. But, they had already suspended my registration on the 4th and issued the fine on the 4th.

What kind of chit is this?

Is the MVA this incompetent now that they just hand out pointless :bs: fines to whoever they can?

GRRRRR!!! Effing pinko commie money-hungry BASTARDS! :burning:

Am I the only person to have serious issues dealing with the MVA or are they just greedy pieces of amphibian turd?

T

toppick08

Probably just Patriots fans..........:killingme......sorry Andy....had to do it.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Probably just Patriots fans..........:killingme......sorry Andy....had to do it.
They just want to get their $150.00 that bad don't they. At the rate it takes them to do anything, I would've had to respond before the end of 2007.

Oh wait, THEY WERE EFFING CLOSED! :mad:

And I didn't get the letter until a couple days after Christmas.

####ing azzholes.

W

wkndbeacher

They just want to get their $150.00 that bad don't they.

Im thinking they re not making any money but dont know how they dont. Its bad when you got a note that the school sends to every parent telling them, that kids that owe more then $10 on their school lunch account will only get a "cheese sandwich with a 2% lowfat milk. I didnt know the economy is that bad people cant afford to pay for their kids lunch or pack a lunch.

So I got a letter late last month telling me they had no verification that I had insurance, which is :bs: because I do. The letter says I have one month to have a letter sent to them explaining that I do. So I call State Farm and they faxed them a letter.

Now, I get a letter from the MVA saying I have been fined $150 because I don't have insurance, which now they know I do.

That one month wasn't one month from when I got the letter, it was one month from when they typed the letter. They didn't send me the fricken' thing until TWO AND A HALF WEEKS after they printed it.

I had according to the other letter until the 7th to send them verification, which I did. But, they had already suspended my registration on the 4th and issued the fine on the 4th.

Is the MVA this incompetent now that they just hand out pointless :bs: fines to whoever they can?

Am I the only person to have serious issues dealing with the MVA or are they just greedy pieces of amphibian turd?

I had a go-around with them a few years back. Turns out THEY (MVA) typed a 0 (zero) where an O (OH) should be, but you couldn't tell the difference in the printed version of the VIN #. It was only after I pointed it out on their IBM terminal screen that I finally got it fixed. Took months,

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

When State Farm responded did they send them your Case Number off of your FR19 letter? If not then State Farm's response basically just went into a file and MVA considered the FR19 letter unanswered because it didn't match up with what they sent to you. I know because if I don't do that with my clients they have the same thing happen - they get the letter with the fine assessed. Also, MVA sends out two FR19 requests before they assess a fine so either you never received one or somebody didn't respond to one of them.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I had a go-around with them a few years back. Turns out THEY (MVA) typed a 0 (zero) where an O (OH) should be, but you couldn't tell the difference in the printed version of the VIN #. It was only after I pointed it out on their IBM terminal screen that I finally got it fixed. Took months,
They're freakin' morons.

This is one department of government I would love to see eliminated. Just do what you need for licenses and then get out of my face.

It's probably something simple, too.

My insurance company sent them a letter verifying insurance, but they had already decided to suspend my registration and penalize me by then (even though I still had time left to verify my insurance, according to their first letter).

PAY to go to driving school for a week and learn nothing about driving. Pay to go through inspection. Pay to get tags. Pay to get emissions done. Pay for insurance. Pay to verify insurance. Pay to restore your tags after they #### up.

Ugh, Maryland sucks. :rolleyes:

ImnoMensa

Stop dealing with them by mail and go to their offices in Loveville.

Yes: Thats a pain in the ass, but at least you get to speak to a human.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

And while you are there hand carry an FR19 from State Farm with the case #s on it and dates of Insurance. Ask for Patty A. She is terrific!

T

toppick08

They're freakin' morons.

This is one department of government I would love to see eliminated. Just do what you need for licenses and then get out of my face.

It's probably something simple, too.

My insurance company sent them a letter verifying insurance, but they had already decided to suspend my registration and penalize me by then (even though I still had time left to verify my insurance, according to their first letter).

PAY to go to driving school for a week and learn nothing about driving. Pay to go through inspection. Pay to get tags. Pay to get emissions done. Pay for insurance. Pay to verify insurance. Pay to restore your tags after they #### up.

Ugh, Maryland sucks. :rolleyes:

Move to Jacksonville........crybaby.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I got a similar letter recently, same thing, trying to fine me $150 on a vehicle I traded in 6 months ago. I turned the damn tags into them and checked under reason why, traded vehicle in.

Eff em, I am not sending anymore paper work to them on my dime, I went through all the appropriate channels when I traded my car in, bought my new one, canceled one policy and began a new one.

And they can take all three vehicle emmission statements they sent me at once for all 3 cars and stick em up their arse too. Those will be getting but off as long as possible.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I got a similar letter recently, same thing, trying to fine me $150 on a vehicle I traded in 6 months ago. I turned the damn tags into them and checked under reason why, traded vehicle in.

Eff em, I am not sending anymore paper work to them on my dime, I went through all the appropriate channels when I traded my car in, bought my new one, canceled one policy and began a new one.

And they can take all three vehicle emmission statements they sent me at once for all 3 cars and stick em up their arse too. Those will be getting but off as long as possible.

Speaking as an agent you are only going to punish yourself. It is $150.00 for the first 30 days and $7.00 a day for every day thereafter. That is per vehicle. Just take the FR19 to your Insurance Company and ask them to fax it to Loveville for you. I do tons of them everyday. In cases of add/deletes MVA doesn't see it until the next day and they think it is a lapse. It really can be handled just that easily.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Speaking as an agent you are only going to punish yourself. It is $150.00 for the first 30 days and $7.00 a day for every day thereafter. That is per vehicle. Just take the FR19 to your Insurance Company and ask them to fax it to Loveville for you. I do tons of them everyday. In cases of add/deletes MVA doesn't see it until the next day and they think it is a lapse. It really can be handled just that easily.

How can they collect a fine on a vehicle I don't even own, and have proof of not canceling my coverage until after it was traded in, MVA got all the pertinent info. when the transaction intially occured. They have my tags, and proof that I traded my vehicle in. As far as I am concerned I have fulfilled my obligation.

I have never seen a agency that is so poorly run and full of mistakes.

BTW -how come I would just be notified of this almost 6 months after the fact??

Eff em, I done doing there leg work.

AndyMarquisLIVE

When State Farm responded did they send them your Case Number off of your FR19 letter? If not then State Farm's response basically just went into a file and MVA considered the FR19 letter unanswered because it didn't match up with what they sent to you. I know because if I don't do that with my clients they have the same thing happen - they get the letter with the fine assessed. Also, MVA sends out two FR19 requests before they assess a fine so either you never received one or somebody didn't respond to one of them.
No they didn't. They only sent me the second one. I haven't recieved anything prior to that second one.

Yes, State Farm sent them an FR-19.

AndyMarquisLIVE

How can they collect a fine on a vehicle I don't even own, and have proof of not canceling my coverage until after it was traded in, MVA got all the pertinent info. when the transaction intially occured. They have my tags, and proof that I traded my vehicle in. As far as I am concerned I have fulfilled my obligation.

I have never seen a agency that is so poorly run and full of mistakes.

BTW -how come I would just be notified of this almost 6 months after the fact??

Eff em, I done doing there leg work.
You're right . It's their job to do all that.

Instead, they just lose paperwork (I guess they don't electronically file anything yet) and fine you and make you go out of your way to deal with their sorry miserable butts. That's why they are only open from 8-4 (even though I went there at 8:30 once and they still weren't open, kinda like your local lazy McDonald's that has no constant schedule).

Furthermore, why should my taxpayer dollars continue to fund a department that is seriously flawed. :shrug:

We have the toughest (or close to it, from what I've heard) emissions standards in the country when there's a number of states (Florida included) who require no emissions.

I, as a motorist and a taxpayer, would like to know why we continue to fund this department of dumbazzery.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
We had a similar problem when we bought a new vehicle. A few months later, when we moved out of state and turned in our MD tags, we got a letter saying we were being fined $300+ dollars for not having insurance on the vehicle during a one week period immediately following the purchase. We'd had insurance from day one, obviously. We had the info faxed to them the day after receiving the letter and called pretty much every day to verify receipt. We kept getting the run around (supposedly there was a backlog on faxes and it was taking two weeks to process them :ohwell:), and after speaking to supervisors and everyone else, finally got it resolved the day before the deadline. They were the biggest PITA ever. :jameo:

queencity28

I, as a motorist and a taxpayer, would like to know why we continue to fund this department of dumbazzery.

Because without Maryland government agencies, welfare recipients wouldn't have anywhere to enter the workforce. Remember the "welfare to work" initiative in the 90's? The big push to get the lazy, uneducated, rude mamas off of the welfare roles and into jobs.... Yeah, that is why the hell every government agency in Maryland is full of rude employees who act like you are doing them a favor by walking into the MVA or calling various office's customer services.

awpitt

Main Streeter

The folks in Loveville have always been helpful everytime I've been there. Quick too. I've never been in that building longer than 30 minutes.

nicole_M

The folks in _______ have always been helpful everytime I've been there. Quick too. I've never been in that building longer than 30 minutes.

:yeahthat: Very friendly, helpful and quick, too.

We had the same problem as AK when DH sold his old work truck. We got notices for months even though it was 'resolved' after the 1st notice. Mistake on their part...VIN # mistake if I remember correctly. It was a PITA though.

Last edited:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Something else to keep in mind: Sometimes people make the mistake of getting their tags for a vehicle before they stop by the insurance company or they tell the insurance agent to take the vehicle off before they turn in the tags and then they have a "lapse" in coverage.