Questions About Learners Permit.

bigmoe104

If u are over 18 are you allowed to drive without a supervising driver. getting started late on gettin my license because i reall never had the green for it.

onebdzee

off the shelf
If u are over 18 are you allowed to drive without a supervising driver. getting started late on gettin my license because i reall never had the green for it.

You still need someone in the passenger seat that has had a regular license for more than 3 years

You should have read that part in the drivers handbook that you got from the MVA....if not, they go over it in the drivers class that you have to take

mamajo

License

As long as your driving on a Maryland Learners Permit you are required to have a licensed driver in the vehicle with you. You can review this at www.maryland.gov go to motor vehicles and read it.:whistle:

bigmoe104

Iwas just askin cause i fell upon hard times and need my own tranpo. i figured they would have certain restrictions for people under 18

onebdzee

off the shelf
Iwas just askin cause i fell upon hard times and need my own tranpo. i figured they would have certain restrictions for people under 18

If you get caught driving with a learners permit and you don't have a license driver in the vehicle....you might as well kiss you learners and your license goodbye for 3 years(I think)

LOL

If you get caught driving with a learners permit and you don't have a license driver in the vehicle....you might as well kiss you learners and your license goodbye for 3 years(I think)

It all depends...I have a friend whose sister had her learners permit, went out and crashed the car without having a licensed driver in the vehicle. 3 month penalty, complete BS, but some people just have a horseshoe up their azz. I get 2 tickets on my provisionals and I lose my license for 6 months. Doesn't make much sense. Either way that person should have lost their driving privilages until they were 21. The system is messed up.

onebdzee

off the shelf
It all depends...I have a friend whose sister had her learners permit, went out and crashed the car without having a licensed driver in the vehicle. 3 month penalty, complete BS, but some people just have a horseshoe up their azz. I get 2 tickets on my provisionals and I lose my license for 6 months. Doesn't make much sense. Either way that person should have lost their driving privilages until they were 21. The system is messed up.

My oldest has that horseshoe thing, also....he got his "cinderella" license and got 4 tickets....everytime he got a new ticket he would go in front of the judge and he would have to pay the fine and start all over with the 18 month "grace period" to get his regular license

The last ticket he got, he went in front of the judge and got a restricted provisional(he had a job that required him to have a license)....he turned 22 back in April of last year and FINALLY got his regular license :lol:

LOL

The only thing you get being over 18 that someone under 18 wouldn't get is that you don't have the curfew restrictions set on you. Possibly driving out of state also. Before you are 18 you can't drive out of MD on a provisional without a passenger who has had their license for 3+ years. Those are both when you have your provisionals.