SMTR - What's Up?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
what is SMTR

:howdy: Welcome. SMTR = Southern Maryland Trail Riders. They're a group of...well, trail riders!

They have a website smtr.org that usually lists upcoming rides. The site has been down for a while, but appears to be paid through November 2008 so I was wondering if Dee took the site down on purpose. There are lots of members on here, so I thought someone else might know what's up.

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
:howdy: Welcome. SMTR = Southern Maryland Trail Riders. They're a group of...well, trail riders!

They have a website smtr.org that usually lists upcoming rides. The site has been down for a while, but appears to be paid through November 2008 so I was wondering if Dee took the site down on purpose. There are lots of members on here, so I thought someone else might know what's up.

Well we are working on the site it should be up again soon .. We are also working on a tentative ride schedule and that will be posted soon also ..
Were trying to do something different this year were talking about doing maybe a scavenger hunt :yahoo:

We are having our general meeting February 9th and all is invited will have the details and flyer posted soon ... Tickets will be around $20.00 PP
will know all the correct details real soon .Good time to be had by all:buddies:. Please be patient thanks TC

ALSO THERE IS A VERY Important meeting coming up Jan 22 will be posting all details ASAP

F

finickyfilly

Well we are working on the site it should be up again soon .. We are also working on a tentative ride schedule and that will be posted soon also ..
Were trying to do something different this year were talking about doing maybe a scavenger hunt :yahoo:

We are having our general meeting February 9th and all is invited will have the details and flyer posted soon ... Tickets will be around $20.00 PP
will know all the correct details real soon .Good time to be had by all:buddies:. Please be patient thanks TC

ALSO THERE IS A VERY Important meeting coming up Jan 22 will be posting all details ASAP

Your club always put together the best rides.....:yahoo:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Your club always put together the best rides.....:yahoo:

We try to .. We try to make sure beginners to seasoned riders have a safe and fun ride..Also if you join our happy little group you will save $5.00 per ride. We try to have 10 rides a year ... Plus we have 2 general meeting a year ..Not including riding here there and everywhere for fun...

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Thanks for the updates TC!!

your welcome :howdy:

here is the article I was talking about we need to let these people know

we want to be able to use these Rails to Trails also...

Attachments

• MEETING JAN 22, 2008 #2.JPG
    MEETING JAN 22, 2008 #2.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 223

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
your welcome :howdy:

here is the article I was talking about we need to let these people know

we want to be able to use these Rails to Trails also...
Thanks TC!

The new SMTR site will be back online be the first of the week. It will have a slightly different url, and will be MUCH bigger :biggrin:
It's not down becasue we didn't pay our bill, we got tired of paying SO much for our bill and being SO limited with our space, that when the hosting contract expired, we let it go, and got a new provider. We were only allocated 5 pages even though we were paying full tilt for it, which just isn't enough, we've really grown. Then the old provider decided to make life difficult and hold the domain so it couldn't be transferred to aother provider. So we've purchased a new domain name, (it's active now, i'm just not going public with it yet). I'll post it tomorrow when we've all had a chance to review it, and make any changes necessary. The new site is AWESOME!!

Last edited:

ElliesMom

I have decided not to show my mare at oakridge, but prefer the straight traile rides. (too formal for me! But great fun anyway) so this year is trails galor!!!! Now to find someone willing to watch the minions, or I'll get them 'jobs' at the trail rides Muhahaha:whistle: They pick up poop good!

Cant wait fir SMTR to start again. Although I did just volunteer for stuff w/ MAHA too, now your turn.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I have super secret computer skills...or you can just call me 007. :lmao:
OK let's not go public with it, I realized I put TMI in my post and have modified it :lol: you silly woman. I am impressed though. :biggrin:
will be working on it tonight, and will hopefully have it available for public viewing later this week.
Will have a classified, youth area, members site, ride photos section...it's a great way to start a new year. The new board is installed in Feb. :yahoo:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
OK let's not go public with it, I realized I put TMI in my post and have modified it :lol: you silly woman. I am impressed though. :biggrin:
will be working on it tonight, and will hopefully have it available for public viewing later this week.
Will have a classified, youth area, members site, ride photos section...it's a great way to start a new year. The new board is installed in Feb. :yahoo:

It's hard to believe we are actually close, a few minor changes and then go for it. I'll email you some photo's from this past year's rides for you to add when you get a chance. Thanks for all your hard work!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
It's hard to believe we are actually close, a few minor changes and then go for it. I'll email you some photo's from this past year's rides for you to add when you get a chance. Thanks for all your hard work!

I can't leave you any green without spreading the love!!:dance::howdy: