ACK! They're here

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
fgrpjapb.jpg

If they weren't so destructive I might think they are pretty, but I cringe everytime I see them having an orgy on my rosebuds. :cussing:

The termination begins...:oops:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh...

...I dunno.

but I cringe everytime I see them having an orgy on my rosebuds

Gotta be a way to turn them into a pay web site, right?:biggrin:

Yeah, I'm eating lunch yesterday and one falls out of my hair into my soup.

:burning:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Oh...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
Yeah, I'm eating lunch yesterday and one falls out of my hair into my soup.
Adding additional fiber to your diet? :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nah...

...one or two (two as it turns out) of the little bahstahds smacked me upside the head about 1/2 hour earlier and I thought I'd gotten them out.

I'm sitting there, reading my book, eating, little tuna fish sammich, hearty chicknoodle, few goldfish and, almost to the last bite...plop.

I'm glad he waited to triple Lindy until I was about done.

So, I says "Hey! What are you doing in my soup!!??"

He says "...the backstoke. What's it look like, you idiot?!"

Well, it was true. He was backstroking. Anyway, I love a good joke before I kill.

:biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry - the only positive thing about that was it wasn't TWO of them doing the nasty and falling into your soup. :twitch:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Sharon, someone once told me to def. not use those bettle traps that hang on sticks that they sell at the stores, the smell of the trap that lures them to the trap also lures them from other areas to yours making your problem worse.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Yes, I found that to be true also. One year I bought two of them; one for the front and back yards. I had more beetles than I ever saw in my lifetime.

This year I just had a few - I sprayed often so they didn't decimate the leaves off my plants. I haven't seen any lately.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Sharon
I haven't seen any lately.

Don't worry they are still there, I was just thinking on Friday, wow, I haven't seen any beetles this year yet, and then on Sat. found 3 of them floating in the kiddie pool. Rotten little things!

The little bastages have had one heck of a wild orgy at my house. I planted 10 fruit trees in the front yard about a month ago. Before I planted them they sat in the driveway for about a month (waiting for me to cut down and remove the existing tree in the front yard). I sprayed our rose bush and they all moved to the fruit trees. Went to water the trees one night and it looked like a scene out of a Hitchcock movie. The water hit the tree and a SWARM of the little killers flew out (musta been 100 of em). Now I spray the trees and rose bushes atleast once every 2 weeks. They about denuded one of the cherry trees. It was down to about 6 leaves. It is making a comeback now, covered with buds. Planning to put up a bunch of bird houses to hopefully help control them next year.

D

DaMadman

Sevin Dust is the best Beetle killing agent out there. Not to mention that it is pretty much pet/animal friendly. I even dust my one dog that is mainly an outside dog and the goat with sevin dust to keep the fleas/ticks and skeeters off them.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Sevin dust is messy and it doesn't make the roses look very pretty. I prefer to spray them with a residual agent like Othenex.