Bannister neighborhood

P

Purplegirl

Does anyone here live in the Bannister neighborhood in Waldorf? Do you think it's a good place to live?

P

Purplegirl

I'm looking at a house on Brightwell Court. Do you know of anything or problems with that court?

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I'm looking at a house on Brightwell Court. Do you know of anything or problems with that court?

I know the name can't remember exactly where it is though... Is that the back way out?

You would not find me moving anywhere near that place. One it's the city, townhouses all over can't do anything without watching over your shoulder. I remember so many people being towed out of there due to parking restrictions. I remember the Meth house busted next to my friends house. Tons of trash and thugs. Wouldn't catch me there but thats me :shrug:

Sorry purple, I would not recommend it. There's too many other options if you're looking to move to Waldorf. I know the market's pretty crazy right now but you just have to look hard and don't settle. If you decide to move to Bannister though, that's actually the one court I would suggest not moving to. I've lived in the area (Wakefield, which isn't much better in recent years) for 10+ years, as a child I couldn't control that, and am currently on my way out. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think you'd get shot or anything but it's just a matter of feeling safe, you know? Anyway, just lookin' out.

Good luck with wherever you go :howdy:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Does anyone here live in the Bannister neighborhood in Waldorf? Do you think it's a good place to live?
Check out Carrington instead. It is an older community, but the area is much better than Bannister. Areas further south (White Plains, La Plata, etc.) are nice. Are you looking to purchase or rent?

Pandora

Brightwell Circle is the condo housing I think. Bannister has spots that are ok and the crime has seemed to avoid those streets, but overall, it isn't a safe place to live. There have been drive bys, rapes, strong armed robberies, car thefts, every felony crime you can think of over in those parts.

You can call the local Sheriff's Office there and they will not advised you on if you should move there, so ask them how many calls they were dispatched to on that circle and they will tell you.

robbie

:yahoo:I've got a house in Carrington I'll sell ya!! 7 bdrms, 31/2 ba., fenced, carport, garage, 3200 sq. feet. Finished attic! Around 375K.!!

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Brightwell Circle is the condo housing I think. Bannister has spots that are ok and the crime has seemed to avoid those streets, but overall, it isn't a safe place to live. There have been drive bys, rapes, strong armed robberies, car thefts, every felony crime you can think of over in those parts.

You can call the local Sheriff's Office there and they will not advised you on if you should move there, so ask them how many calls they were dispatched to on that circle and they will tell you.

And if you move in, I hope you don't mind the helicopters with the billion-candle-power spotlight in your bedroom window every other night.

P

Purplegirl

I'm actually looking to buy. I'm a single mother-just me and my 8 year old daughter. I saw that there were several townhouses for sale on that court. But thanks to everyone I'll look elsewhere. I want to move to Waldorf but to a safe community.

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
I'm actually looking to buy. I'm a single mother-just me and my 8 year old daughter. I saw that there were several townhouses for sale on that court. But thanks to everyone I'll look elsewhere. I want to move to Waldorf but to a safe community.

I would suggest not moving there if I were you. You also need to check into the schools your child will be going to. We live in Pinefield. There has been some break in's and such but to my knowledge nothing too bad. :whistle: We live on the back end and I have been told that it is much better than the front. Good luck and welcome to the DORF!

robbie

The elem. I do not know, there are several but the middle would be Stoddert (definitely NO!) and most likely the high school would be McDonough which is a very good school. By the time yours go to school though, the new ones off piney church should be done so I would think they would be going there.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:yahoo:I've got a house in Carrington I'll sell ya!! 7 bdrms, 31/2 ba., fenced, carport, garage, 3200 sq. feet. Finished attic! Around 375K.!!

How in the world do you manage 7 bedrooms out of one of those houses? Did you add on and add on again? :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
A reply from you to this message will not be possible. I can't have an adult conversation w/ you in this environment anyhow.

Honestly, nomo, you need psychological help. You've lost yourself in your imaginary online personality. I've met you and I know you are not "nomoney."