Road Signs

belvak

Happy Camper
What's up with the road signs being painted black (or blacked/grayed out) on 235 from Mechanicsville south to the 235/4 intersection this morning that's where he turns to head over the bridge)? :confused: Hubby noticed this on his way to work. Even the overhead signs were covered. :yikes: We remember seeing this a few years back too. Don't remember hearing anything about it back then, but I wasn't a forumite then either!! Hubby's first question was how in the heck was someone able to paint the overhead (like mounted on stoplight/blinking yellow poles) signs without nobody noticing. They obviously had to have a cherry picker or some other type of equipment. And where were the cops? You would think they would have seen something. Anyone else see this? TIA :buddies:

GopherM

Darwin was right
What's up with the road signs being painted black (or blacked/grayed out) on 235 from Mechanicsville south to the 235/4 intersection this morning that's where he turns to head over the bridge)? :confused: Hubby noticed this on his way to work. Even the overhead signs were covered. :yikes: We remember seeing this a few years back too. Don't remember hearing anything about it back then, but I wasn't a forumite then either!! Hubby's first question was how in the heck was someone able to paint the overhead (like mounted on stoplight/blinking yellow poles) signs without nobody noticing. They obviously had to have a cherry picker or some other type of equipment. And where were the cops? You would think they would have seen something. Anyone else see this? TIA :buddies:

Uh...I think that was still some of yesterday's snow stuck to them. I see it every time it snows and it's still dark outside.:doh:

They probably got unpainted as the sun came up and it got warmer.

belvak

Happy Camper
Uh...I think that was still some of yesterday's snow stuck to them. I see it every time it snows and it's still dark outside.:doh:

They probably got unpainted as the sun came up and it got warmer.

Nope, wasn't snow! They were definitely spray painted. We both remember about 3 or 4 years ago (maybe longer) when the same thing happened. They (the county?) got out and cleaned them up really quick back then. Anyway, it was just driving Hubby crazy. Hopefully, someone else saw them too!

GopherM

Darwin was right
Nope, wasn't snow! They were definitely spray painted. We both remember about 3 or 4 years ago (maybe longer) when the same thing happened. They (the county?) got out and cleaned them up really quick back then. Anyway, it was just driving Hubby crazy. Hopefully, someone else saw them too!

Darn. I did see the signs partially blocked this morning (in the glow of my headlights) along Rt 5 south of Leonardtown, but it was only the snow on them. Maybe some really fast guys on stilts got to the signs on 235. I didn't see any problems with the signs on the north bound lane when I was on my way home this evening.

budman473

Probably another cost saving measure by the MOM administration