park reviews ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Hey there somd'ers ... I know theres a link here somewhere with reviews of local theme parks and attractions but I would like to get some feedback from you ( since everyone here seems to have definite opinions about things :biggrin: ) which is a good thing ... usually anyways ... please give me your feedback on which park do you think is better for a teenager ? Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens ? Thanks in advance for any and all info :smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You should consider Marshall Hall. A bit off the beaten path, but nice nonetheless. :cheesy:

http

You people are so silly sometimes...

KD:
1. Drop Zone, haven't done it yet, hear its 2nd in the nation
2. Some new nmumatic (sp?) ride that propels you to 8000Gs or something like that.
4. Shockwave, awesome stand up coaster
5. Volcano, ok suspended coaster
6. Same ole, same ole: Rebel Yell, great for Dates, The grizzly, small but fun wooden coaster and that's all I can remember.

BG:
1. Some suspended ride, I forget what its named.
2. Big Bad Wolf an awesome suspended ride where the whole car is actually suspended so you swing out all over the place throught the woods.
3. Same ole, same ole, Lochness Monster et all.

Overall BG used to hold the crown. But KD got busy like 10 years ago and held it ever since, in my mind at least. I'd go with KD for kids, and BG for adults because you can get trashed at Oktoberfest 24 hours a day and its a quick drive back to the hotel or more bars.

KD is closer too.

SmallTown

Football season!
I don't know if it just because it is closer, but you hear about Kings Dominion expanding almost every year, but nothing new from BG. Haven't been to BG in years, so have no idea how it is. Always have a good time at KD.

blueeyes76

Originally posted by http

KD:
1. Drop Zone, haven't done it yet, hear its 2nd in the nation
2. Some new nmumatic (sp?) ride that propels you to 8000Gs or

BG:
1. Some suspended ride, I forget what its named.

KD:
1. Drop Zone is unbelievable! It drops you 272 ft. in about 2 seconds. You can't even scream it happens so fast!

2. It's called the Hypersonic XLC and it launches you (0-80 mph in 1.8 seconds) into a 90 deg. ascent. I was shaking when I got off of it.

BG:
1. It's called the Alpengeist.

Kings Dominion has more thrill rides and stuff that teenagers would enjoy.

Busch Gardens is better for all adult trips, or for people who don't enjoy the thrill rides.