Old busted refrigerator

OrneryPest

lower life form
How's the best way to get rid of an ancient refrigerator that finally Kissed Old Rose last night? It was replaced several years ago when its reliability became questionable, and we've been using it for "overflow" and now it's quit totally.

I assume it'll cost me something to get it hauled off, but who can I call that does that sorta thing?

M

Mousebaby

How's the best way to get rid of an ancient refrigerator that finally Kissed Old Rose last night? It was replaced several years ago when its reliability became questionable, and we've been using it for "overflow" and now it's quit totally.

I assume it'll cost me something to get it hauled off, but who can I call that does that sorta thing?

Well, if you can find someone local that has a truck you can just have them take it to the dump, its just $10.00 to dump it there.

OrneryPest

lower life form
Thanks, folks! I think it'll fit into Nelson the Nissan, and I just happen to have a championship powerlifter visiting me for the weekend to help me rassle with the big feller.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!

You might consider posting on the Pets and Animals Forum. I seem to remember someone posting a refrig and a forum member jumping on it so it could be used for storing grain. There was a lively discussion on how great they are for storing grain, etc. Anyway, you might luck it out and get someone to come pick it up and use it.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed

Front porch/front yard decoration? :shrug:

jetmonkey

I hope she doesn't see this...

LOL

Thanks, folks! I think it'll fit into Nelson the Nissan, and I just happen to have a championship powerlifter visiting me for the weekend to help me rassle with the big feller.

Also, you can call up the dump, they will come and pick things up maybe once a month, only a few things, I think three. It is a free service, last time we had them take an old couch, dresser, and bed frame. I don't know if this includes refridgerators but its worth calling.