Sleet and Freezing rain today .

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Roads may get a little slick today between 9am & 1pm with freezing rain and sleet. I hope the temps will rise.:boxing:

OrneryPest

lower life form
Roads may get a little slick today between 9am & 1pm with freezing rain and sleet. I hope the temps will rise.:boxing:

Oh goodie! That means I get to watch the antics of SUV drivers who think that 4-wheel-drive has magical powers!

KWAK

Do you know the area on this? Is it another north and west of town? I've been hearing about it on the radio - but they're just saying an advisory from 10:00 - 4:00.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Do you know the area on this? Is it another north and west of town? I've been hearing about it on the radio - but they're just saying an advisory from 10:00 - 4:00.

Basically, DC and westward is under the advisory. Not much to worry about.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
332 AM EST TUE JAN 22 2008

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-
NORTHERN BALTIMORE-HARFORD-MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-SOUTHERN BALTIMORE-
PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-CHARLES-CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY-
FREDERICK VA-WARREN-CLARKE-FAUQUIER-LOUDOUN-
PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX-
ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-STAFFORD-KING GEORGE-HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-EASTERN MINERAL-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON...HAGERSTOWN...FREDERICK...

WESTMINSTER...GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...BALTIMORE...ANNAPOLIS...

WALDORF...CUMBERLAND...WINCHESTER...FRONT ROYAL...LEESBURG...

MANASSAS...MANASSAS PARK...FAIRFAX...ALEXANDRIA...FALLS CHURCH...

MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN...KEYSER...FORT ASHBY

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS

MORNING TO 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

A MIX OF LIGHT SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL DEVELOP ACROSS

THE AREA DURING THE MID TO LATE MORNING. MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL

LIKELY CHANGE OVER TO RAIN BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON. PRECIPITATION

AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT WITH LITTLE OR NO SNOW AND SLEET

ACCUMULATION AND LESS THAN A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION

FROM FREEZING RAIN.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR

FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR

SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE

DRIVING.

Tomahawk202

It'll make ya feel good..
Oh goodie! That means I get to watch the antics of SUV drivers who think that 4-wheel-drive has magical powers!

:killingme:lmao:

I got run into a ditch Thursday night, but a SUV, that cut me off on the NJ Turnpike. Waited 3 hours for a tow. My poor sports-car now has to get a new bumper. ( enough to make a grown man cry )

Before you say it, " what were you doing driving a sports car in a snow storm?" Cause my 4x4 needed a new power steering hose. *sniffle

LOL Anyways, I wish I could be half as wrong at my job as these weathermen retards are. These guys SUCK! I am not listening to anything they say anymore. I am just going to drive my truck until April. NOW!!!!!

IMNEMT-B

I was on the NJTPK Thursday.... you weren't driving a mustang were you? We were in a red Dodge truck and saw one slide into a ditch.

Tomahawk202

It'll make ya feel good..
I was on the NJTPK Thursday.... you weren't driving a mustang were you? We were in a red Dodge truck and saw one slide into a ditch.

Nope, that one was about an hour south of me. It was still in the ditch when I cruised past. That road is treacherous isn't it? Sheesh......

IMNEMT-B

Yep. Pretty bad. We left St Mary's around 10am heading to Atlantic City. We would not believe it snowed heavy the entire time. It took us 6 hours to get there. Only 4 hours to get home.