97.7-lets Bring In Some Real Talent!!!

HappyMom0328

Soo if your a listener of 97.7 the Rocket then you know that Mojo left a few weeks ago and the new guy Ripley is no longer on the air. I think its about time that we get someone in there that has some real talent, someone who is from the county and knows about it, someone who is going to ROCK 97.7 the ROCKET.... A close friend of mine CJ who was formally and intern for the station just moved out to Fargo, ND to pursue being an On-Air DJ. He is extremely talented and I know that he would be absolutely wonderful for the morning show. We can make this happen... If you know him call the station and request him, if you don't know him TRUST ME if your ready to rock out then he's the guy you want.
Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Contact info for the station.
Business Line-301-884-5550 x27
Address-28095 Three Notch Road #2b
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

CarolinaKid1214

If you think that the Robertsons are going to care what people want, you are sorely mistaken. Calling the station to request someone be hired will do nothing but cause the poor souls who work there to field pointless calls.

Shaolin_Raptor

I would love to see CJ come back, but right now he is grab assing and being a "radio badass" in the Fargo...ya. I am going to call him at lunch and tell him his fans demand him back.

Roughidle

The best "Rockin" DJ in the world won't matter if the programing sucks. Good music format is personnal opinion any-hoo and thats why I switched to satellite and internet radio. Screw lame-assed commercial radio. :dude:

IrishGal

Stretch's Mom
If you think that the Robertsons are going to care what people want, you are sorely mistaken. Calling the station to request someone be hired will do nothing but cause the poor souls who work there to field pointless calls.

You are wise, young Grasshopper. :howdy:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
That new guy thoroughly sucked. I was listening the other morning and every caller was telling him he sucked. He told one guy something like "You guys can say what you want about me, I just let it roll. I signed a contract and I know I've got a job."

Doncha just love karma sometimes. :killingme

thurley42

HY;FR
Soo if your a listener of 97.7 the Rocket then you know that Mojo left a few weeks ago and the new guy Ripley is no longer on the air. I think its about time that we get someone in there that has some real talent, someone who is from the county and knows about it, someone who is going to ROCK 97.7 the ROCKET.... A close friend of mine CJ who was formally and intern for the station just moved out to Fargo, ND to pursue being an On-Air DJ. He is extremely talented and I know that he would be absolutely wonderful for the morning show. We can make this happen... If you know him call the station and request him, if you don't know him TRUST ME if your ready to rock out then he's the guy you want.

Mechanicsville, MD 20659

There have been so many threads about this radio station and the DJ's I figured that there had to be something to it. I had never heard of this radio station until reading these threads so recentlyI turned off my sat, turned off my Ipod and turned on the radio station. I was greeted with some Whitesnake, at which time I turned back on my Ipod and vowed never to do that again!

Point I am trying to make is that in this day and age of technology with MP3 players, Sat, and Internet Radio, the commercial radio is becoming quickly a thing of the past. I think that could be a large contributing factor to the extremely limited talent pool. Thoughts? I'm also kinda suprised by the number of people that actually still listen to the radio...Just an observation, but it must have some weight to it, otherwise there wouldn't be so many alternatives to the contrary.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Rock Music Sucks !

Mechanicsville, MD 20659

Done,I called and told 97.7 that Rock Music Sucks for this area they should get rid of rock music and play more of today's hit songs.:lmao::whistle:

T

toppick08

There have been so many threads about this radio station and the DJ's I figured that there had to be something to it. I had never heard of this radio station until reading these threads so recentlyI turned off my sat, turned off my Ipod and turned on the radio station. I was greeted with some Whitesnake, at which time I turned back on my Ipod and vowed never to do that again!

Point I am trying to make is that in this day and age of technology with MP3 players, Sat, and Internet Radio, the commercial radio is becoming quickly a thing of the past. I think that could be a large contributing factor to the extremely limited talent pool. Thoughts? I'm also kinda suprised by the number of people that actually still listen to the radio...Just an observation, but it must have some weight to it, otherwise there wouldn't be so many alternatives to the contrary.

What's wrong with Whitesnake........:shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
What's wrong with Whitesnake........:shrug:

Nothing at all, if you like that sort of thing! I prefer a little more updated selection, a little harder. That's just me, I wasn't saying that everyone who listens to the radio is wrong. I was just saying it's not for me, and wondering what everyone thought about the apparent lack of talent....

I prefer the Stones and Elvis for my retro catalog.....Hair bands aren't my thing.....although i was "lucky" enough to be dragged to a Poison Cinderella concert last year by my wife. That was something...lucky it was a non smoking venue, otherwise there would have been a lot of spontaneous hair fires...

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I prefer the Stones and Elvis for my retro catalog.....Hair bands aren't my thing.....although i was "lucky" enough to be dragged to a Poison Cinderella concert last year by my wife. That was something...lucky it was a non smoking venue, otherwise there would have been a lot of spontaneous hair fires...

:lmao:

I still snicker about the fact you guys actually went to that.

T

toppick08

Nothing at all, if you like that sort of thing! I prefer a little more updated selection, a little harder. That's just me, I wasn't saying that everyone who listens to the radio is wrong. I was just saying it's not for me, and wondering what everyone thought about the apparent lack of talent....

I agree with keeping with the times...ie...new music, which half of it I think is crap, but offering new, plus classic rock would be a winning formula..IMO.....:howdy:

Roughidle

Yup...that and I don't get what Talent is ment in the way of the DJ anyhoo...song on, song off, commercial plug on, plug off...begin 30 min music marathon...either the station plays your kind of music or it doesn't. If ya dig the 15+ minutes of mindless prattling on about the topic dejour then I still don't get it.

Toxick

Splat
Done,I called and told 97.7 that Rock Music Sucks for this area they should get rid of rock music and play more of today's hit songs.:lmao::whistle:

Yeah - because there's no other stations around here that play that kind of music.

Pop music blows.

thurley42

HY;FR
I agree with keeping with the times...ie...new music, which half of it I think is crap, but offering new, plus classic rock would be a winning formula..IMO.....:howdy:

I agree, most new music is c.r.a.p. crap. When you do find something that is new that you enjoy it's great though. My taste in music is about as diverse as it gets...If it moves me, I love it, don't care what genre, age, geographic location it's from.

The more I think about what I said earlier and what you say now, I agree. The younger generations are the ones more likely to listen to sat. or Mp3's so why not cater to the demographic that is listening....:buddies:

thurley42

HY;FR
Yup...that and I don't get what Talent is ment in the way of the DJ anyhoo...song on, song off, commercial plug on, plug off...begin 30 min music marathon...either the station plays your kind of music or it doesn't. If ya dig the 15+ minutes of mindless prattling on about the topic dejour then I still don't get it.

If I'm not mistaken this is more geared toward the morning DJ?

For some reason, a large number of people like talk radio in the mornings. Maybe it is so they catch up on what is happening in the world, or it just gives them material for the water cooler....once again, it's just me, but I never got into listening to other people give me their opinions....I had to listen to some DJ's once the entire way to Arlington for a meeting...all it did was get me spun up because the people on the radio were complete idiots...IMO

T

toppick08

I agree, most new music is c.r.a.p. crap. When you do find something that is new that you enjoy it's great though. My taste in music is about as diverse as it gets...If it moves me, I love it, don't care what genre, age, geographic location it's from.

The more I think about what I said earlier and what you say now, I agree. The younger generations are the ones more likely to listen to sat. or Mp3's so why not cater to the demographic that is listening....:buddies:

:buddies: