Neptunes Beach Club

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
I just received word/e-mail from several bands that Neptunes has been sold and is closed until further notice.

A couple of the bands are saying that the new owner is coming in and renovating the building.

H

hborror

I just received word/e-mail from several bands that Neptunes has been sold and is closed until further notice.

A couple of the bands are saying that the new owner is coming in and renovating the building.

Any chance this will be done in 3 weeks:drama:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Again??

Every few years someone else buys the place and "renovates" it. Then you go in there and it's the same crummy place it always was. What exactly are they "renovating"?

The location of that place is so crazy perfect that I have no idea why nobody can seem to make a go of it. Right there on the water, quiet area, swing a deal with the Boatel to cross-promote, have GOOD food, keep the friggin' beer stocked (which is Neptune's absolute worst problem), cater to an older crowd instead of the punks who want to do drugs and fight in the parking lot.

It must just be one of those "kiss of death" locations - I can't think of any other reason why someone wouldn't be able to make a fortune off that place.

Jameo

What?!
Again??

Every few years someone else buys the place and "renovates" it. Then you go in there and it's the same crummy place it always was. What exactly are they "renovating"?

The location of that place is so crazy perfect that I have no idea why nobody can seem to make a go of it. Right there on the water, quiet area, swing a deal with the Boatel to cross-promote, have GOOD food, keep the friggin' beer stocked (which is Neptune's absolute worst problem), cater to an older crowd instead of the punks who want to do drugs and fight in the parking lot.

It must just be one of those "kiss of death" locations - I can't think of any other reason why someone wouldn't be able to make a fortune off that place.

Who ever bought the joint isn't wasting any time. They have already started working on it :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who ever bought the joint isn't wasting any time. They have already started working on it

They've all done that. It's been through (I've lost count) different owners in the last 15 years. Does George what's his face still own that building, or are new owners truly "owners"? Because maybe that's part of the problem.

Jameo, you and I should get that place and turn it into a real restaurant/bar. I'll be in charge of the food/supply end and day to day drudgery, and you can be the entertainment/marketing coordinator, booking bands and thinking of fun things to do.

:cartwheel

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Those bathrooms need a severe overhaul, too. Every owner since it was Town Creek Marina has completely ignore the basics, like clean modern restroom facilities.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Jameo, you and I should get that place and turn it into a real restaurant/bar. I'll be in charge of the food/supply end and day to day drudgery, and you can be the entertainment/marketing coordinator, booking bands and thinking of fun things to do.
Can I get in on that action, too? It sounds like fun! :banana:

Jameo

What?!
They've all done that. It's been through (I've lost count) different owners in the last 15 years. Does George what's his face still own that building, or are new owners truly "owners"? Because maybe that's part of the problem.

:cartwheel

Whoever owns it or is running it now, I just hope they do something with the outside!! :dead: It's horrible looking!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whoever owns it or is running it now, I just hope they do something with the outside!! :dead: It's horrible looking!

Serious. Fix that exterior, put in a real parking lot, spiff up the outside bar. Make it look like a waterfront bar and restaurant instead of a dive. :yay:

It does need some serious curb appeal.

Jameo

What?!
Serious. Fix that exterior, put in a real parking lot, spiff up the outside bar. Make it look like a waterfront bar and restaurant instead of a dive. :yay:

It does need some serious curb appeal.

U should take it over Vrai. Call it Club SOMD :lmao:

kelb

art imitating life
Yeah
The new owners are turning into something big. The thing is .. you have to own the property/land to do anything with it. Otherwise its kind of a waste of time.

craberta

The last time I went there I saw a band that did great 80's music, metal, rock, it was like 5 years ago. I am too old to drink and dance, now I just drink, and laugh.:cheers::killingme